The successful applicant will work as part of a Value Stream team, be self-motivated & reactive working to meet short deadlines. Essential Responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to all/some of the following:
- Experience in the working of small to large scale control panels.
- Skilled in reading schematic/flow diagrams to assemble wiring, switches, cables, and other mechanical or electrical components.
- Work on electrical and mechanical components that are designed for operating electronic or mechanical equipment utilizing various types of hand-tools to produce the required units.
- Work with electrical/Mechanical engineers in problem-solving solutions as it relates to the assembly process and the functioning of the panels and its components.
- Ability to manage small scale production projects.
- Ability to work on own initiative in a cross functional team
- Working knowledge of PLC an advantage
- Understanding of lean principles & working in a lean environment
- Functional testing & inspection of completed units & assemblies as per test/QA procedures
- Notify any potential errors on procedures, drawings and bills of materials, and engage with support teams (Quality and Manufacturing Engineering).
- Responsible for timely and accurate entry of data into SAP systems
- Responsible for maintaining high quality standards and workmanship
- Scheduling of work to ensure on time delivery.
- Value people's health and safety in the workplace and continue in keeping strong EHS safe practices at work with the help of every employee.
- Ensuring commitment and compliance with Baker Hughes Quality policy & procedures with strong focus on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Educated to Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Fitting/Plumbing or Electrical qualification
- Must be very detailed oriented with an emphasis on accuracy
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task, strong team player
- Excellent PC Skills including MS Word and Excel
- Prior similar work experience
- Experience with SAP an advantage
- Experience using test equipment
- Experience using pressure test equipment an advantage
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more