The Excitation Field Engineer is responsible for the installation, commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting for the full range of hardware and software products in the BH - Excitation & Control Solutions portfolio. Primarily customers will be within the Oil & Gas and Power Generation industries internationally and may be located both onshore and offshore.Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Field Engineer participates as a Regional Service Team member
- Lead and manage site execution of excitation retrofit projects. Scope of projects includes one or more of the following: Excitation Systems (EX 2000, EX2100, Alterrex, DFE-Digital Front End), generator controls and relaying, electrical construction, static start (LCI) systems.
- Install and commission Excitation & Control Solutions hardware and software in a wide variety of machine types encountered in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Fertilizers, and other process industries
- Troubleshoot existing Excitation & Control Solutions hardware and software installations on-site.
- Supervise mechanical and electrical sub-contractors, and instrumentation de-installation / reinstallation
- Supervise cable laying, meggering and connection
- Lead and execute loop check and commissioning phase performing the functional tests.
- Perform project management and technical leader duties.
- Work to be performed at BH and customer locations throughout the European (primary) with possible work locations throughout the US and globally.
- Able to travel extensively and work significant over-time
- Timely completion of service reports, invoicing packages, and other administrative requirements.
- Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
- Interface with other BH organizations in support of business growth initiatives
- Conduct internal and external training
- 4- or 5- year college degree in Electrical / Electronic/ Mechanic Engineering, or Technical High School
- 5+ years related work experience in Oil & Gas and Power Plant industry field activities
- Solid Experience & knowledge of generator excitation systems.
- knowledge in rotating equipment control philosophy (Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Centrifugal Compressor, Reciprocate Compressor) and their auxiliaries
- knowledge in unit control panel (UCP), motor control centre (MCC), direct current panel (DCP), distributed control system (DCS)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, ability to read and write English.
- Possess a valid driver's license and passport (or able to obtain).
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently; ability to prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines.
- Communicate professionally with customer and other team members
- Previous industrial field service experience in a similar role (+5 years).
- Experience with equipment that functions as a "prime mover"(turbines) and "driven equipment" (generators, etc.)
- Experience with older type excitation systems (Static, Bus Fed)
- Electrical/Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills. "Hands-on approach"
- Experience with EX2100e, LS2100e Panels
- Computer skills with familiarity with MS Office products.
- Ability to learn other software tool applications to support work requirements.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more