Job Specification - Production Supervisor
We are looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to oversee our production operations. You'll guarantee that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organizing workflows. In addition, you'll take responsibility for ensuring that the means of production (tools/equipment/facilities) are available and fit-for-purpose
You must be competent and comprehend the running of multiple complex operations. You should also be able to optimize day-to-day activities while minimizing the costs. The goal is to ensure that production processes deliver products of maximum quality in a profitable manner.
You should be an effective communicator, able to easily convey instructions to subordinates as well as reporting on status/progress to management. You'll have well-honed skills in coaching/mentoring employees in their day-to-day activities and ensuring that Production operatives operate as an effective, cohesive unit in delivering the required outputs.
• Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees
• Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
• Oversee and coach employees
• Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance
• Check production output according to specifications
• Submit reports on performance and progress
• Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
• Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
• Enforce strict safety guidelines and company QHSE standards
• Practice good cost control principles and ensure all costs are quantified and reportered
Ideally, candidates will have QC Inspection skills and are looking to take the next step in their career.