Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aksay, West Kazakhstan Province, Kazakhstan
The Key responsibilities are:
- To assure that decisions affecting electrical and instrument equipment design, construction, operations and in service integrity & reliability are consistent with the required level of quality, competence and completeness.
- To support operations and projects with a focus on providing safe design concepts, systems selection for reliability, input into risk based inspection programs, input into fitness for service integrity assessment activities, failure analysis, and the implementation of best in class technical standards.
- To apply the international and company standards for project specifications and contractors' activities on electrical and instrumentation equipment engineering.
- To provide technical assurance for all aspects of project instrument, control and electrical scope.
- To advise on the assurance of fitness of electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- To participate to relevant management of change reviews, barriers audits and annual barriers status reports.
- To coordinate independent verifications.
- To verify the design and maintenance work carried out to ensure that the proposed solutions meet integrity, reliability, operability and maintainability requirements.
- To provide support during the fabrication/repair, testing, installation and commissioning of electrical and instrumentation equipment, and oversee shop and field acceptance testing ensuring that the proposed solutions meet integrity, reliability, operability and maintainability requirements.
- To oversee the development of pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up plans for electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- To work with a diverse range of suppliers and internal departments, and maintain contacts with vendors and operating units to optimize the design, operation and maintenance of equipment.
- To promote the understanding and application of risk management techniques.
- To assure the accuracy, content review and control for any design work carried out by KPO discipline leads, third parties, and Design Institutes.
- To ensure compliance of project with technical assignment for engineering, selection of the right principal scheme of complex, high level standardization and unification of equipment.
- To control quality and preparation of technical documentation in timely manner, compliance with project equipment, components and materials with effective standards and technical terms.
- To lead and coach engineers in the Electrical and Instrumental Equipment.
- Onshore oil & gas upstream facilities including process plants, pipelines, wells, utilities and off-site in cold, remote regions.
- Oil and gas engineering in a Brownfield plant modifications environment
- Knowledge of international design codes and standards, Engineering specifications, design philosophy, functions, operating mode and operation procedure of company's equipment, e.g. have the ability to prepare design, procurement, construction, (pre) commissioning and hand-over specification packages for rotating equipment
- Specific experience with and knowledge of electrical and instrument control equipment is essential
- Principles of Process Safety, Risk assessment / HAZOP.
- Permission to Work System
- RoK Technical Regulations applicable to oil and gas industry
- International Codes and Standards applicable to design, construction, inspection, and repair within the oil and gas industry (API, ASME, ASTM, NACE, ISO, EN).
- Must have detailed E,C&I design experience for Hazardous areas and be fully familiar with all aspects of hazardous area equipment location
- Must be capable of development of E, C&I project deliverables and monitoring of third-party contractor and instrumentation systems vendor progress.
- Computer literate with a range of applications.
- Fluent communication skills in technical English.
- Higher education (University degree or higher) in the relevant speciality.
- Significant work experience in the position of Instrument and Electrical Engineer.
Compensation and benefits
We support and reward international mobility as this is a key element of the success of our people at Eni. By joining EIRL, you will receive a comprehensive rewards package which includes a highly competitive salary, private medical insurance, pension scheme, enhanced annual holiday entitlement, discretionary annual bonus and access to tax support. International employees may also receive housing, schooling and working partner support. In addition, you will benefit from training and development programmes, relocation and visa support, and travel arrangements.
Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations. Inspired by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our mission is clear: We are an energy company with the goal of preserving our planet and promoting sustainable access to energy for all. We aim to achieve this through our work, which is based on passion, innovation and the extraordinary strength of our people.
At the heart of this mission are the values that guide us every day. These are focused on climate action, the environment, affordable and clean energy, innovation and infrastructure, gender equality, human rights, responsible consumption and production. By following these principles, we aim to deliver precision, transparency and honesty in all areas of our work.
We also understand that together we are stronger. Building long-lasting partnerships and recognising diversity are key values for human development. Technological innovation also plays a huge part in our mission. It is fundamental to both achieving our goals and laying the foundations for our future.
Build the future of energy
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.