The Senior Business Development and Sales Manager will be responsible to research, develop and build a pipeline of opportunities specific to the Nova LT Gas Turbine in the 5, 12 and 16MW size range. Reporting into the Country Sales Leader this individual will work closely with the current teams to provide clarity and value propositions across various industrial and traditional markets position the technology and drive Nova product selection. Essential Responsibilities
- Responsible to research, develop and build a pipeline of opportunities specific to the Nova LT Gas Turbine in the 5, 12 and 16MW size range. Bringing traditional and not traditional pipeline development, market segmentation and value through differentiation is key to the success of this role.
- Accountable to progress pipeline into convertible orders that set the project up for successful installation, operation and future maintenance revenue stream.
- Such industrial applications may include but not be limited to;
- Industrial COGEN, combined cycle and other open cycle configurations
- Onshore applications in refinery and petrochemicals
- Offshore power generation or compression
- Pipeline compressor stations
- Non-traditional power generation such as remote mining, hospitals manufacturing mineral and paper processing and the like.
- Responsible to identify and accelerate channel partnerships by engaging and onboarding distributors, resellers, agents that add strategic value and increase the pipeline of opportunities and order intake.
- Accountable to research, understand and articulate current and emerging markets and identify leads and opportunities early through;
- Segmentation of the current and future market needs and influences.
- Value propositions and customer value drivers now and in the future across the various market segments.
- Collaboration within internal teams to develop and articulate the right value proposition and continuous improvement.
- Influence customer specifications and design criteria, to ensure the Nova LT value drivers are achieved resulting in spec-in, sole source, win-win outcomes
- Develop and maintain deep relationships with key stakeholders, decision makers and influencers in customer organizations
- Understanding of external influencers and drivers such as working groups, government and industry.
- In line with the Baker Hughes values Grow, Lead, Collaborate, Care the successful candidate will demonstrate a growth mindset and develop strong and lasting relationships with internal stakeholders, EPC contractors, channel partners and the like to ensure that a sustainable value chain is delivered.
- Transparent open and articulate weekly pacing of leads and opportunities with the Regional and Global commercial teams to ensure the appropriate support from the organization is achieved.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering is desired
- Strong background in Gas Turbines Technology in the sub-20MW range;
- Strong knowledge of Australia New Zealand and PNG industrial market in simple cycle COGEN and combined cycle;
- Minimum 10 years of application engineering, sales or commercial experience;
- Strong customer engagement skills and ability to interact with all levels;
- Ability map customer CTQs and translate into competitive offerings;
- Strong analytical skills and proven capabilities to develop Business Cases
- Must have excellent written and oral skills;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, integrative team working style and able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers;
- Must be a self-starter & able to work unsupervised.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed;
- Fluent English essential and another regional language would be an advantage.
Brisbane/ Sydney/ Melbourne/Perth, Jandakot, Australia
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.