Our Client, a Large Oil and Gas company is currently seeking a Cost Estimating Lead to work a 12 month contract based in Calgary, AB Cost Estimating Lead
Our Client, a Large Oil and Gas company is currently seeking a Cost Estimating Lead to work a 12 month contract based in Calgary, AB
- Maintain Estimate Basis for all project cost (including non-technical) to document how estimate was developed, and all assumptions used.
- Assist with the identification and assessment of key project risks and linking these risks to the impact on the cost estimate (both deterministic and probabilistic).
- Run Cost Risk Analysis for both the Phase 1 Project (currently in execution) and the Phase 2 Project.
- Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks. Develop P10, P50, P90 estimates. Manage reviews and assurance of cost estimates. Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs.
- To prepare Life Cycle Costs estimates in close co-ordination with the operation & maintenance department.
- Review scope change requests for impact on total installed cost.
- Work with Planning & Cost Engineers to ensure alignment of planning, cost estimating and cost control.
- Coach junior staff through training in estimating tools and techniques.
Skills & Requirements:
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Estimator or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 12 years industry experience in lead estimator positions
- Prior cost estimating experience in very large or mega project that prepares for FID.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in coaching and leading small teams of junior personnel.
- Fully versed with Cost Estimating/Risk Tools.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.