Baker Hughes seeks a Geoscientist Engineer at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, who will be part of multi-disciplinary and diverse team of geoscientists working on state-of art-art and cross functionally-integrated technologies for the improvement of well and reservoir productivity. Specifically, will work on open hole wireline and LWD data processing & Geomechanics borehole stability studies and risk analysis to support the product lines services. Qualified individuals must also demonstrate theoretical knowledge of formation evaluation measurements and geomechanics. You will also be involved in technical sales and customers collaboration. Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams working on formation evaluation
- Performance Open hole log data processing and interpretation acquired with wireline services (WL) and Logging While Drilling (LWD) technologies.
- Performance Quality Control of log for both real time and memory data
- Participate with the team in the integration of data and interpretation.
- Collaborate in a consulting project of Geomechanic and reservoir with formation evaluation expertise.
- Participate in geomechanic projects with building of 1D model and Risk Analysis.
- Support drilling operations with borehole stability evaluations.
- Support Introduction of new wireline and LWD technologies.
- Prepares presentations, technical documents for tenders and proposals.
- Collaborate with product lines that require FE support for sales, tenders and pre-tenders process.
- Support product lines services with logging program design.
- Work with product lines services and customers to understand the needs and define the evaluations and technologies to apply.
- Deliver technical presentations, reports and publications to BHGE leadership, BHGE businesses and customers
- Provide local technical support in regional x-product lines initiatives.
- Bachelor's or Master Degree in Geology; GeoScience; Geophysics; Petrophysics; Petroleum Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Oil& Gas Industry.
- Relevant oil company experience in Wireline Logging and LWD data processing.
- Demonstrates proficiency and knowledge in Formation Evaluation using Wireline and technologies: Resistivity, Acoustic, Magnetic resonance, Mineralogy, Image, etc.
- Strong customer service mindset with ability to enhance internal customer relationships.
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong client focus.
- Be proactive.
- Ability to participate in multiple activities simultaneously.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience on geomechanic related to borehole stability.
- Spanish speaker
- 2 or 3 years of wireline field experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a drive for results.
- Good organizing, planning, and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Highly motivated with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more