Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Learning Advisor for a 2 year contract in Calgary starting in January 2020.
Reporting to the Learning and Development Manager and in partnership with the business, lead the design, development and execution of learning to build capability and improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency in line with the Learning Strategy.
Provide subject matter expertise and consultation to all levels of leadership on learning initiatives. Lead and manage the assessment, design, development, implementation and evaluation phases of learning solutions and programs for employees.
Act as an advocate for learning and development to establish a continuous learning culture as well as build strong relationships with the business to become a trusted partner in achieving business results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Partner with the business to facilitate the development of Department/Discipline/Role-Based Competency Maps and Job Competency Profiles.
- Partner with the Learning Advisor, Process and Systems to implement Job Competency Profiles in the Competency Management System.
- Partner with other HR counterparts to integrate Job Competency Profiles into job descriptions, job postings, interviews, compensation, etc.
- Work collaboratively to develop tailored learning strategies in support of desired performance or business objectives.
- Lead and provide guidance in instructional design methods, content development, implementation and evaluation of enterprise and asset learning solutions; includes design, development and maintenance of in-house and third-party training programs.
- Develop e-learning and classroom-based courseware.
- Develop and maintain strong business focused relationships with stakeholders; business leaders, lead trainers, trainers, assessors, external vendors, etc.
- Develop and facilitate the Train the Trainer program
- Coach technical trainers on application of adult learning theory to learning activities
- Plan and oversee the work of third-party learning partners; ensuring deliverables support the Learning Strategy and monitor quality and compliance, ensuring results meet specified standards and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Skills and Attributes
- University completion at the undergraduate level with a specialty focus in adult education or an undergraduate level with a certification in adult education or workplace learning.
- A minimum of 8 years of oil and gas experience.
- Advanced utilization of eLearning authoring tools; Captivate, Lectora or Articulate
- Provide sample of e-learning and/or classroom-based courseware.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen including legislation, policy and business objectives in order to align learning to business goals.
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and techniques of learning, particularly in the context of adult learners and workplace development.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to provide consultation, advice and technical expertise to business leaders and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong project management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills to deal with obstacles during program development and implementation.
- Strong and fit for purpose change management strategies.
- Start date; January 2020
- Initial 2-year contract with opportunity for renewal
- Calgary, Alberta will be the primary work location
- Typical work schedule is 8am to 5pm
- Reports to the Learning and Development, Manager
- Strategic partnerships with other HR role; Learning Advisors, Learning Coordinator and HR Business Partners
- Occasional travel to Kitimat, British Columbia
- Travel outside Canada may be required.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.