At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Bently Nevada is a leading global supplier of products and services for assessing and ensuring the mechanical and thermodynamic health of industrial equipment. The company maintains nearly 100 offices in the principal industrial centers of 43 countries, serving a broad base of more than 25,000 customers in the power generation, petrochemical, and numerous other industries. Bently Nevada is part the BHGE Oil & Gas business.
Bently Nevada Supporting Service Agreements (SSA) are a key business growth area in Aberdeen and center around the installation, commissioning and optimization of the System 1 and Smart Signal software platforms, to deliver remote monitoring, diagnostics and consultancy.Essential Responsibilities:
- Primary services point of contact within the customer's organisation for the BHGE Bently Nevada product line.
- · Develop and refine the System 1 installations to be best in class for 1st line remote monitoring and diagnostics of covered assets.
- · Define contract Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) in conjunction with Sales Manager/Customer.
- · Implement / update SSA project schedule into service team schedule.
- · Ensure all aspects of SSA are executed in accordance with contract commitments (including KPI status and customer satisfaction).
- · Carry out SSA contract review meetings to schedule (minimum quarterly).
- · Complete / update a quarterly SSA review scorecard and review with regional SSA operations leader.
- · Lead quarterly meetings with relevant salesperson to discuss SSA execution, ROI and future opportunities.
- · Presentation of ROI case histories to senior customer personnel, covering EHS, Production and Maintenance impact.
- · Review and report monthly SAP financial performance for SSA project (cost / margin).
- · Continuously develop SSA execution strategy to improve quality, duration of contract deliverables and variable cost productivity.
- · On-going review of Condition Monitoring techniques to identify opportunities for improvement using current / new technology or by developing processes.
- · Identify upsell opportunities for growth of SSA scope and other hardware, software and service pull-through sales.
- · Training and mentoring of less senior/experienced SSA Site Leads and MDS Engineers with technical development plans in conjunction with the Western Europe MDS Technical Leader.
- · Assist in development of and delivery of MDS training courses for internal engineers and customers
A 4-year college degree is required. A BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is needed.
- Multiple years' experience in machinery diagnostics and condition based maintenance.
- VA ISO Level II certified.
- Demonstrate confidence and assurance dealing with people.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Project Management Skills.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office software.
- "Hands-on approach".
- Ability to read, interprets, and understands mechanical prints.
- Knowledge of rotating machinery operation and controls systems.
- Knowledge of O&G Upstream/Downstream processes.
- Knowledge of machinery protection and management systems.
- Knowledge of Bently Nevada products and services.
- Demonstrable experience of vibration analysis or 10 years industry (energy and/or oil & gas) experience.
- MSc in an engineering discipline is preferred
- Basic familiarity with computer network systems.
- Membership in a technical society such as IMechE, BINDT or Vibration Institute.
Advert Start date: 11th December 2019
Closing date: 17th January 2020
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn moreCareer Level