The Instrumentation & Analyzer Engineering Lead
is a member of the Process Automation Control & Optimization (PACO) Team within the Asset's Technology Department. This person is responsible for the overall technical support and assurance of the plant instrumentation, analyzers and control system hardware reliability as part of Managed Equipment Care (MEC) campaign. This person will supervise and mentor group of Instrument inspectors, analyzer inspectors, instrument specialists and Analyzer specialists who will be responsible for the reliable operation of the instrumentation/analyzers in the plant. This person will also support the deployment and operationalization of the asset management system (AMS) related work processes within DS-M manufacturing.
- Provides stable and reliable automation systems which maintains safe operation within the defined operating window, and avoids exceedance of safety, environmental, and operational limits.
- Participates in incident investigations where Instrumentation or analyzers could have contributed to the event or where the automation system could effectively contribute to the investigation process. Shares LFIs and knowledge across site and business.
- Provides technical support and assurance during plant commissioning and start-up phase.
- Provides technical support to Instrument & Analyzer Inspectors and Specialists for CSU, run&maintain activities and turnaround planning (recommend, review and implement proposed solutions).
- Provides Technical Assurance for Process Automation area for designated plant MOCs.
- Re-evaluates process automation and preventative maintenance strategies due to changes in plant operating conditions.
- Manages fluctuating priorities dependent on current needs of active projects and MOCs.
- Assures that proper documentation for the Plant automation system is maintained.
- Supports Instrumentation engineering activities during Execute and Operate phase in support of plant projects.
- Understands Production priorities, work plans, procedures and goals, and how they fit with overall site plans, strategies and goals and offers guidance.
- Provides support as required for Core AMS work processes to Provide Asset Availability and Make Product: Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Ensure Safe Production (ESP), Turnarounds (TA), Mitigate Threats to Availability (MTA), Greenhouse Gas and Energy Management (GHGEM); Management of Change (MOC), Perform Hydrocarbon and energy accounting (PHEA).
- Follows applicable standards, Shell approved technologies, procedures (DEPs, DSM, EFAs, TAMAP, local procedures/policies).
- Develop and implement Instrument Condition Monitoring & Predictive Maintenance plan to support the Managed Equipment Care (MEC) work process.
- Interface with the projects with instrument Asset Management System (iAMS) configuration efforts from Emerson (Main Automation Contractor), Instrument alert rationalization, Smart commissioning in field using iAMS.
- Support development of the iAMS user guide and alert help instructions with vendors.
Other work process interfaces
- Interface with Maintenance Execution (ME) work process on establishing test equipment, test records preservation, Pass/fail statistics, ways of working for Instrument maintenance in general.
- Interface with risk centered maintenance (MEC-RCM) process on instrument criticality, related condition monitoring (CdM), preventative maintenance (PM).
- Interface with Turnaround (TA) Team on planning tests to be completed during TA.
- Interface with Manage Threats & Opportunities (MTO) on dealing with bad actors
- Interface with MOC work process focal on formalizing simple PACO discipline changes.
- Interface with Manage Projects (MP) work process focal on changes to existing/new PACO designs/implementation.
- Interface with P&T and witness the PACO pre-commissioning & commissioning activities and provide the additional level of technical assurance as needed.
- Report bad actors to MTO and reconsider PM intervals or specific PACO designs if necessary.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- BS or equivalent degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with demonstrated knowledge and practical work experience.
- With ten (10) years of process automation, controls and instrumentation experience with significant experience in instrumentation commissioning, downstream manufacturing operating and plant maintenance experience.
- Experience with direct supervision of staff members and/or contractors is preferred.
- Experience with Emerson iAMS in a run & maintain phase is a plus.
- Experience with control valve and on/off valve diagnostics and troubleshooting is plus.
- Experience in project support and execution.
- Experience in risk analysis with instrument failures and other instrumented layers of protections.
- Extensive knowledge on Design Engineering Practices (DEP), industry standards in Instrumentation and controls area.
- Good work planning skills; mainly around scheduling and optimizing PM related activities.
- Displays Leadership Attributes for Individual Performers with demonstration of self-directing and results oriented attitude. This person must have the ability to handle multiple tasks with competing priorities while collaborating with the growing Penn Chem Asset and developing roadmap and skillsets to support his/her discipline.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.