The Data Analyst is a role which sits within our wider Flexible Pipe Systems - Integrity Management (FPS-IM) business, involved in the analysis and interpretation of data from systems that inspect and monitor offshore flexible pipes.Essential Responsibilities:
Delivering a key role in the newly created Services Group of Baker Hughes' Flexible Pipe Systems business, you will be involved in the analysis and interpretation of data from systems that inspect and monitor offshore flexible pipes. Working as part of a small team, you will be involved in a wide range of projects where data has been collected and must be processed, analysed, interpreted and reported. Occasionally, it may be necessary to collect the data yourself either in the laboratory or in the field. Although office based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire there will occasionally be a requirement to work at other sites such as Newcastle and Rio de Janeiro for short periods.
The role requires a natural curiosity for solving problems and a creative, analytical and logical mind to look for ways of improving our processes. You will work closely with the other members of a small multi-disciplinary team (including physicists, electronic, mechanical and software engineers) in a constantly evolving project-based environment.
- Analysis of inspection and monitoring data using proprietary software and Microsoft Excel
- Compiling technical reports for internal and external clients using Microsoft Word.
- Occasional collection of inspection and monitoring data both in the laboratory and in the field.
- Contributing to the development of new inspection analysis methods.
- Providing support to engineering disciplines, to experimental programmes and to product trials.
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, other numerate science or suitable qualifications and experience.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel including macros and data analysis add-ins.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to undertake different roles as required and learn new skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
· Abingdon, Oxford
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more