Baker Hughes is currently hiring a Legal Counsel - International Trade based in either Houston, Texas or Washington, D.C. Essential Responsibilities:
- Primary legal advisor on trade compliance risks and issues for a global trade compliance team, with particular emphasis in the emerging technology space
- Management of Baker Hughes' legal affairs regarding compliance with customs and export control and/or sanctions regulations
- Oversee the Baker Hughes antiboycott program
- Primary support for Supply Chain and other functional compliance review meetings with leadership
- Advise on associated legal risks and exposures, including trade compliance contractual reviews
- Provide proactive legal advice and training to Baker Hughes employees
- Manage investigations, submissions and disclosures to the U.S. government and other jurisdictions, as required.
- Monitor and communicate new international trade laws, rules and regulations impacting Baker Hughes
- Lead audits and risk assessments
- Participate in continual enhancement of the Trade Compliance Program.
- Manage outside legal counsel
- Undertake special projects and support compliance program initiatives
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- JD Degree from an ABA accredited law school or international equivalent
- At least ten (10) years' experience in a corporate law department or law firm, with specific experience in trade compliance and emerging technologies.
- Licensed to practice law in local jurisdiction
- Administratively self-sufficient
- Experience in oil and gas industry or emerging technologies required
- International experience a plus
- Multi-lingual a plus
- Strong writing skills. Writing samples required.
- Knowledge and experience in fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in the legal field.
- Excellent analytical ability and negotiation skills
- Strong customer focus
- Willingness to maintain exemplary standards of personal and professional integrity
- Proficient and effective communication skills in both oral and written form including strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently to accomplish job responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
Houston, TX or Washington, D.C