In this role of Manufacturing Associate, you will assemble component parts or sub-assemblies using basic tools such as screwdrivers, clamps, exacto-knives, allen wrenches, tweezers, wire cutters or cotton swabs.
You will work to a pre-assigned level of output while insuring that high quality is maintained. You will work with solder, flux, adhesives and other basic chemicals in performing assembly detail.Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of Manufacturing Associate, you will:
- Follow step-by-step guidelines from basic blueprints, diagrams, process sheets and/or prints in performing assemblies
- Rotate among various assembly stations in order to receive training and gain general knowledge and experience on multiple work stations within work center / department
- Be assigned to more complex assembly tasks, as needed, to facilitate cross training and to cover department / work center needs
- Be expected to work using a microscope or magnifying equipment to perform intricate subassemblies
- Be asked to work in the stockroom area, completing tasks such as receiving parts, quality control on incoming parts, stocking and shipping activities
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations
- High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
- Minimum 6 months of experience in manufacturing, small parts assembly, inventory / shipping and/or receiving experience
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
- Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time, as required
- Perform repetitive fine hand assembly
- Previous stock room / shipping experience preferred
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more