As a Bently Nevada Orbit 60 Technical Support Specialist for Baker Hughes, you will be tasked with providing complete customer support and resolution of post-sales technical issues. This will include evaluating pilot hardware functionality; supporting pilot sites installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining protection system hardware; installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining monitoring system hardware & software.
The Bently Nevada Technical Support (TS) centers are located strategically to provide Hardware and Software support to customers around the world. TS provides expertise through their knowledge of the products and close relationship with our both our Engineer and Product supporting staff. They are our face to the customer when customers are looking for technical support.
Bently Nevada's TS is a key pillar to our organization as it is typically the first line of defense to all customer and product related issues. Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of Orbit 60 Technical Support Specialist, you will:
- Provide strong customer value delivery focus
- Develop and execute Technical support strategy associated with the next generation machinery protection platform (Orbit 60)
- Work hand in hand with Sales, Services and Engineering to be the dedicated TS agent for all issues related to Orbit 60
- Support Pilot site installations and be dedicated TS contact
- Be deeply involved in Pilot Testing and develop Lessons Learned document
- Support Orbit 60 Yammer community and act as a Technical Support expert.
- Development of Orbit 60 specific TS Answer cards.
- Enjoy presenting technical subjects to varied audiences from customer or Executives to customer technical experts and internal technical personnel.
- Desire to learn and teach
- Strong problem solving skills
- Team player - working closely with Product Line / Customer Experience, Services, Sales, Technology and Marketing
- Diagnose Hardware and Software problems
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and assistance to the customer, user, and other service personnel in the diagnostic and long term maintenance of Bently Nevada Hardware and Software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel
- Complete documentation of findings / recommendations
- Create, review and interpret technical reports (Answer Cards)
- Track, report, and forecast financials on individual projects on a regular basis
- Assess job site Safety and perform services as per BH Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Understand Term & Conditions commitments
- Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality
- Bachelor's Degree in in STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited college or university (Associates Degree in a STEM field from an accredited college or university with a minimum 4 years of experience in technical support, troubleshooting, product repair and/or field service)
- Travel 10% of the time to visit customers, as required
- Possess a valid driver's license and passport (or able to obtain a passport)
- Ability to obtain TWIC Card
- Demonstrate authority and assurance dealing with people
- Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently; ability to prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines
- Ability to set/meet aggressive targets and work under stressful working conditions
- Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills. "Hands-on approach"
- Strong written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel in English Language
- Experience working under stressful working conditions
- Project Management Skills
- Strong computer skills; both Hardware and Software, plus MS Office software skills
- Mechanical & Electrical trouble shooting skills. "Hands-on approach"
- Experience with Networking devices and protocols
- Knowledge of rotating machinery operation and controls systems
- Machinery Knowledge (Steam Turbine, Compressors, Gas Turbine, Pumps, Motors).
- Industry Process knowledge (Power Gen, LNG, Fertilizer, Ethylene,...)
- Knowledge of machinery protection and management systems
- Knowledge of Bently Nevada products and services
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more