Within the O&G subsea sector, integrated SPS+SURF is one of the most exciting and rapidly growing business segments. Globally, it is estimated that in 2020, SPS+SURF integrated contracts will represent between 30 to 40% of the total value of projects sanctioned during the year. This positive trend is forecasted to continue for the foreseeable future.
Building upon the significant successes and experience acquired across four, major global projects currently being delivered for our customers, the SPS+SURF Alliance of McDermott and Baker Hughes
was created to disrupt the SPS+SURF subsea segment by increasing certainty and surety of delivery throughout the entire project life cycle, from early engagement through the life of the field, using a flexible and unique value-based business model.
Driven by both companies, and with its own business targets and integrated operating rhythm, the Alliance team is co-located in Bedfont Lakes, London, with a remit to support regions around the world. Its main priority, being a leading player in the segment, is to drive the integrated pursuit and execution of major global Subsea projects in the SPS+SURF space.
The leadership team consists of a diverse pool of subject matter experts working across the project lifecycle, from strategy to execution, covering both Strategic and Project Management functions. Owing to the growth in market activity and the Alliance's desire to further align our businesses to increase market share, the Leadership Team now needs to expand to achieve the potential which this innovative and exciting Alliance will deliver.
The Alliance is continuing with its delivery excellence development phase, supporting new pursuits, and is now rolling-out and supporting live projects across both businesses. The various Alliance roles being sought will combine diversity and expertise in both developmental and operational projects.Baker Hughes
is an energy technology company. With operations in over 120 countries, Baker Hughes develops and deploys the technologies to take energy and industry forward. McDermott
is a premier, fully integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.Role Summary:
The Execution Leader for the Alliance will be responsible for Leading the BHGE Subsea Production Systems business into the Alliance with a major SURF and Installation company, driving the business objectives and representing BHGE within the Alliance. The Execution Leader will focus on execution excellence and combining the Project Organisations delivering optimised solutions.
SPS and SURF combined Projects are a great way of bringing execution synergies to the Subsea Oil and Gas Project, as part of a Alliance this role will define best practice and execution excellence working with a major SURF and Installation company to zipper the two organisations in process and practice to offer a best in class EPCI Projects Organisation.Essential Responsibilities:
Build, lead and motivate a cross-functional Strategic Partnership team to lead a major project delivering a world class Alliance Projects Organisation.
- Execution Leader for the Alliance, drive the organisation towards execution best practice.
- Support regionally Pursuits/Projects with expert EPCI Project Knowledge.
- Lead by example, setting and monitoring the standards expected for other team members and holding team building activities as required
- Establish clear roles and responsibilities within the project team, delegating authority where appropriate.
- Manage a network of internal and external resources (including contractors) in support of project execution
- Be a strong team leader - know when they need to be 100% on task
- Development of the Strategic Partnership project
Take full ownership for the project management and achieve operational excellence in the production of large-scale complex subsea systems to achieve successful execution of the full project lifecycle and contribute to the overall business strategy
- Focal Point for execution on Pursuits and Projects.
- Governance of KPIs to assess Project Success
- Working with the Project Controls leaders to define best in class tools systems and process to support Alliance Projects.
- Guidance to the digital platform for the Alliance.
- Resource management to support tenders from within the Alliance.
- Project Management ownership within the Alliance.
- Clarify and communicate expectations to project team members and stakeholders. Present to Senior Leadership on Project status, key risks, costs vs budget etc
- Coordinate cross-functional, cross business global activities and drive Alliance adherence, ensuring flawless execution of priorities throughout the Project lifecycle
- Knowledge Management - Ensure Lessons are Learned from Pursuit/ Project execution and knowledge is embedded into future work.
- Ensure that all the necessary technical and non-technical reviews and audits are planned and carried out.
- Strong input into supply chain and how we select vendors/ manufacturing locations and scope assignment
- As a Strong team leader, quickly identify strengths and development areas of the team, effectively delegate responsibility of work, hold an 'indirect' team accountable for the work they do, excellent leadership skills and Build the Project Team into a dedicated and enthusiastic unit
- Ability to identify key stakeholders they need to work with and influence
- Strong influencing skills
- Enjoy working with people - high level of EQ
- Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Ability to deliver and speak with confidence to a client
- Ability to build a relationship with a client and appear comfortable
- To be hugely present or visible on the project and connected with stakeholders
- Ability to communicate well across all levels (from shop floor to senior customers) and be humble in their approach
- Able to use active listening skills and act on what they are hearing
- Managing the project budget, cost control, customer change requests and commercial negotiations
- Managing complex supply change
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Need to have a good understanding of contracts
- Proven experience of operating in an environment where they have been exposed to contracts and T&Cs
- Knowledge and experience of cost control - able to manage budgets and deliver against these
- Experience of managing complex supply chains
- Proven analytical and organisational ability.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more