At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.Role Summary:
We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on real-time applications. We need someone who is self-motivated, a quick learner, detail oriented and who also has a solid understanding of Big Data, Java EE design and Micro services architectures. We use agile software development and all the latest and greatest technologies. If you are passionate about development, we are looking for you!Essential Responsibilities:
- Effectively work with the team to analyze the product and technology requirements.
- Prepare Object oriented design and analysis on software components and systems.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure periodic code review and provide necessary corrections and guidance to the junior developers to deliver the best.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Ensure participation in Project Planning for task identification, estimation, dependencies and risk analysis.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems and hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience working on spring boot microservices
- Experience working in atleast one NoSQL database like Cassandra or MongoDB
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (Struts, Spring MVC)
- Should be proficient to create Junit test suites.
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Experience in developing work flow using standard BPM tools, JBPM preferred.
- Basic understanding of UML diagramming techniques and application.
- Strong Communication and reporting skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent with minimum of 6 plus years of application software development experience in Agile SCRUM Process
- 3-8 yrs experience
- Master's Degree.
- Prior experience in Real-Time Systems
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented.
- Experience in Rule Engines like Drools and BPMN 2.0 based Workflow Engines
- Good Knowledge of Big Data Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of architecture concepts for complex applications
Cochin , India
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more