Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
The primary job responsibility is to perform CNC programming duties for the Angola location but will be based at the Houston location. Position will cover CNC programming of multiple machine configurations including: Lathes, Mills (both vertical and horizontal) and multi-tasking equipment (Mazak Integrex). Duties to include implementing process improvements and best practices with particular reference to CNC equipment, tooling and fixturing. Duties & Responsibilities
- Create CNC programs for multiple machine configurations within Machine Shop.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering in the maintenance of process router using ERP system.
- Support machine shop with "hands on" application during prove out of CNC programs.
- In conjunction with manufacturing engineering, assist with tooling, jig and fixture design.
- Initiate design changes as required.
- Perform process analysis, process improvements, process design and control including metrics, goals, targets and standardization.
- Direct equipment modifications and improvements.
- Aid in the implementation of manufacturing best practice improvement including 5S, lean manufacturing and other advanced manufacturing practices/concepts.
- Perform time and motion studies including run rates, set up times and router development.
- Monitor system controls including installation, specification, upgrades and changes.
- Participate in product design reviews and new material evaluation.
- Assist in equipment problem resolution.
- Support manufacturing cost estimating and provides support for bids and proposals.
- Demonstrate leadership in safety initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years CNC machining experience required.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience of programming using Master Cam software.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of MS Office, Enovia, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, PeopleSoft.
- Prior experience with conversational programming in Mazatrol.
Ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, teamwork and pride. Working Conditions
This position is considered SHOP/INDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the night and occasionally during the day.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.