Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Project Management
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
HEAD, IT GOVERNANCE & PMO
Primary Purpose of Job
1 Establish portfolio, program, project and change management strategy, vision, and priorities based on industry best practices by engaging with Business and ICT to meet corporate objectives and cost optimization
2. Develop and support the project portfolio by providing centralized services such as: planning; scheduling, estimating, costing, change management, risk management that allows the ICT Department to prioritize projects, allocate resources, and track performance of the project portfolio.
3. Manage portfolio governance meetings and enable decision makers with portfolio decision support information.
4. Establish and support a best of breed project management methodology, including tools, and a collaborative environment by providing assistance (training, coaching, and mentoring) in complying with superior project management practices.
5. Monitor and report on the performance of the project portfolio by collecting, reviewing, compiling, and distributing project data in a centralized tool to ensure visibility to senior management.
6. Maintain the Project Knowledge Base by developing the appropriate knowledge repositories such as lessons learned, assumptions, risks and issues, cost benefit, system deployment, and utilization, etc., to bring together any insights gained before, during, or after a project that can be usefully applied to future projects
7. Establish the required controls, standards and frameworks for effective management of ICT Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC), and Business Support.
8. Maintain a central repository of ICT risks and mitigations, and manage ICT risks in the context of QP's Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERM).
9. Ensure compliance with Corporate and ICT Governance and Audit requirements, policies and processes by implementing mechanisms to record noncompliance cases and ensuring provision of corrective actions for noncompliance cases.
10. Lead the evaluation of new tools, technologies, procedures and methodologies for QP ICT to support and improve Governance functions
11. Ensure ICT Quality Management System (QMS) compliance and development of QMS policies and procedures via close coordination with the Corporate Quality Management Department to maintain relevant QMS and ISO certifications.
12. Mentoring and training performance review of direct reports and building the appropriate management/oversight structure and mechanisms to ensure a motivated and dynamic workforce.
13. Foster Qatari personnel career development, and achieve the talent management program objectives, by implementing a program of development and training for the Division's staff, to ensure that QP recruits, trains, develops and retains the required skill-sets necessary to operate effectively to serve our customers
Bachelors level degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an appropriate Engineering/Business field
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of 12 years of progressive experience in an enterprise ICT environment, with at least 5 years of demonstrated ICT Governance & PMO experience in an ICT organisation
- In depth knowledge and extensive experience of ICT Governance & PMO
- Experienced in project management tools and methodologies such as PMI's Project Management methodology or PRINCE2 (Projects IN Controlled Environments).
- In depth knowledge and extensive experience of corporate strategic planning and execution, Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, program/ project management and service level management.
- Extensive relationship management experience with senior level vendor personnel
- Appropriate Professional Certifications (PMP/PgMP/PfMP or ITIL) and/or appropriate ICT experience in the Oil and Gas Sector are desirable
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and continuous improvement while operating independently using mature judgment in planning and performing assignments and achieving defined objectives
- Excellent people management, problem solving, persuasion, negotiation, and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and communicate with a multi-cultural and multi-national workforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate concepts as appropriate to customers, contractors and staff.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa