Our client is currently seeking a Contract Conformance Specialist to work a 1 year contract. The position will initially be based in Calgary and will move to site during the execution of the contract.
- The Contract Conformance Specialist (CCS) is accountable for the day-to-day conformance responsibilities for all executed contractual arrangements of assigned capital and maintenance projects.
- Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with Project Execution contracting strategy. Facilitate preparation of contract exhibits, which include scope, specifications, pricing, and special instructions.
- Assist in write technical contract language describing the scope, pricing, and special instructions for each assigned project.
- Coordinate with the contract management group specialist to ensure project specific functional requirements and contractor clarifications & qualifications (when applicable) are incorporate in the final contract documents.
- Support project management in contractor contract negotiations during the contract bidding and formation phases.
- Coordinate project team in its development of a project specific communication plan. Participate and assist with training in regard to contract conformance to team and third-party personnel.
- Maintain contractor correspondence and documentation logs. Prepare and transmit in a timely fashion company generated correspondence, with concurrence of project team functional lead, construction manager and project manager.
- Manage change order process, which includes managing change order log, generating change directives, reviewing contractor requested changes, and preparing approved change orders.
- Prepare meeting agenda, participate in person at, and take & distribute meeting notes for, all contract-related meetings between company and contractor. Establish and implement project contract document control and retention system in compliance with company procedures.
- Review contractor submitted invoices for compliance with the requirements; distribute for review and approval by the appropriate personnel; and monitor through payment to the contractor. Coordinate with project team, CCRL, contract conformance manager and legal lead, as required, in resolution of contractual issues as they arise.
- Request, monitor and track service request orders (SRO) for project outside services providers throughout the project duration. Coordinate contract close-out with project team to ensure strict compliance with the related contracts. Close out project contract files and submit for retention in compliance with Company procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and organized manner. Demonstrated excellent human relations, influencing, and listening skills to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with other departments to achieve goals.
- Familiarity with best management practices for contracting. Ability to support the negotiation of complex contracting issues. Ability to manage multiple tasks and to perform work with a reasonable level of supervision.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in a team environment. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent technical writing skills. Ability to effectively prioritize work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and effectively solve problems by using analytical skills to take corrective action before they become crises.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with office computer applications such as Microsoft Office. Review documents submitted by contractors for compliance with contract, and provide notification to contractors of non-compliance and deviations from baselines, with concurrence of team and project manager
- Bachelor?s degree in an engineering, construction, legal, technical or business discipline with a minimum of 4 years of experience in legal, engineering, construction, and/or contract administration or contract conformance of construction related projects, preferably in the gas pipeline industry; or Associates degree with a minimum 7-10 years of experience in legal, engineering, construction, and/or contract administration or contract conformance of construction related projects, preferably in the gas pipeline industry.
- Specific knowledge and experience in contracting process and issues related to energy industry construction projects.
- Fundamental understanding of intent, context purpose and utilization of all documents typically included in or required by a contract.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.