The Brazil Communications Leader is responsible for designing and executing a communications strategy for the Baker Hughes Brazil Region and supervising all related internal and external communications programs. By closely partnering with the Region Vice President and leadership team, he/she will prioritize communications activities to support the achievement of business targets and strengthen positioning of Baker Hughes as an energy technology company. As a member of the extended communications leadership team, the Brazil Region Communications Leader will also lead customization and amplification of all HQ communications activities as relevant to regional audiences.
This role reports functionally to the Global Commercial & Employee Communications Director and responds operationally to the Brazil Region Vice President.Essential responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communication strategy for the region aligned to enterprise/product company objectives
- Counsel senior region leaders and key personnel on contemporary communications techniques
- Shape thought leadership strategy in the region by identifying relevant forums and speaking opportunities for company leadership
- Lead proactive and reactive media relations for regional matters, working closely with external affairs HQ centre of excellence. Serve as company spokesperson on regional matters and identify and train regional spokespeople.
- Support issues management and lead coordination in times of crisis. Ensure crisis preparedness and programs are aligned with company policies on risk management.
- Drive storytelling for key commercial activities, such as industry partnerships and contract awards.
- Build calendar for promotional activities aimed at customer audiences, including company participation in industry conferences and events, proprietary events, and influencer forums. Drive execution in partnership with MarCom team and sales & commercial teams.
- Deliver culture/internal communications for the region. Partner with Region Vice President and leadership team to plan information cascade across internal teams to drive commercial intensity and foster engagement in corporate culture across employee base.
- Embed the voice of regional customers into Baker Hughes integrated communications; obtain customer testimonials/endorsements in partnership with sales teams, organize customer participation in proprietary events, surface opportunities for case study development, etc.
- Mobilize cross-functional teams to deliver outcomes for the region and oversee tactical delivery of activities/campaigns in partnership with the communications HQ, product companies and commercial teams
- Acts as liaison with the Global Commercial & Employee Communications team and other relevant HQ departments to effectively cascade and customize communications campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree in a communications discipline from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 10 years of experience in communications in an international environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Experience in internal, external and crisis communications in a global organization
- Experience in managing and influencing senior executives
- Experience managing teams
- Rigorous attention to detail
- A visible leader and natural manager; Demonstrated ability to influence executives and peers
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and present compelling stories for a wide range of audiences
- Ability to work well with different cultures and build and foster a network with many constituents at several levels and in a matrix organization
- Clear thinker with ability to translate business goals into meaningful employee communications
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work
- Broad knowledge of print, video and digital media technologies
- Understands the need and usage of qualitative and quantitative campaign reporting metrics and quickly adopts learning within the area
- Ability to absorb, digest and distil highly technical subject matter into clear and concise content for press releases, briefings etc.
- Strong influencing, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and present compelling stories for a wide range of audiences
- Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization from senior level executives to all other employment segments, and effectively manage in a matrixed organization
Rio de Janeiro - RJ , Brasil
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more