As member of our Controls Project Engineering Team, you will be responsibilities to design generator excitation and protection systems for gas- and steam turbine driven generators in the Oil & Gas and Power Generation industries. Also you will design field instrumentation (field wiring) and ensure compliancy to customer requirements and technical regulations & standards (TRS). Essential Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements control systems for excitation, static starter (LCI - Load Commutated Inverter), and Generator Protection and Control (GPP/GCP) products using applied and best engineering practices.
- Supports Engineering Design Package (EDP) activities for other product lines
- Follows Measurement & Control (M&C) project execution processes, attends to project meetings and follows-up project milestones regularly to fulfil contractual commitments and delivery dates
- Develops functional specifications for custom applications/configurations, assists in writing procedures for test and operation of supplied systems
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of electrical control systems for gas turbine generators
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards (IEEE, ANSI, NEC, IEC, NFPA)
- Computer skills in Windows based operating systems and applications
- Process control system applications using standard programming languages like function block diagram, sequential function chart, ladder diagram, VisualBasic etc.
- MSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent background
- Relevant experience in electrical control systems for gas turbine generators
- Strong technological background in power industries, applications
- Project management and customer communication skills.
- Good training and mentoring skills for other team members
- Knowledge and experience with ePlan
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more