Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: United Kingdom
Bureau Veritas is recruiting for an enthusiastic Engineer to join its Equipment Certification department on a permanent basis. The Equipment Certification Team provides design appraisal services for Subsea production systems, Well control & Containment equipment, Offshore containers and skids for a wide range of clients in the Offshore and Onshore Oil and Gas industry.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out thorough review of design documents (e.g. detail drawings, design calculations, FEA reports) and material specifications to ensure compliance to the applicable standards.
- Identify and check the safety critical aspects of the design in line with the applicable design standards or codes by running independent design calculations and/or finite element analysis through use of engineering software (e.g. MathCAD, ANSYS).
- Prepare certification documents and provide clear and concise technical reports to clients in line with BV reporting guidelines.
- Communicate with our various clients via email/phone and in person to ensure both parties requirements are understood.
- Preparing quotations for certification scopes when requested by potential clients. Maintaining and developing client relationships and ensuring client's certification requirements are understood and met.
- Carrying out large certification scopes such as Type Approval certification, which takes into account all crucial aspects of a client's product and associated procedures/processes - including their design, fabrication/manufacturing processes, testing processes and quality systems.
- Act as technical focal point for client queries and internal queries from junior engineer
• BEng/MEng in Mechanical Engineering or Structural Engineering or equivalent
- Previous relevant industry experience
- Strong understanding and knowledge of sound engineering practices
- Ability to identify and analyse key aspects of a client's design based on doc packs provided by client (i.e. detail drawings, material specs, and design specifications).
- Proficient in ANSYS, MathCAD or equivalent engineering software
- Good level of IT skills and Microsoft Office applications
- Good level of technical report writing skills
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with both internal departments and external clients
- Ability to prioritise effectively and work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of industry standards typically used in oil and gas industry
- Good level of general knowledge of equipment and processes used in oil and gas industry
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficient in use Staadpro software for structural analysis
- Appreciation of relevant offshore safety case regulation
- Awareness of offshore industry codes and standards such as API 6A, API 17D, API 17G & API 5CT
This is a great opportunity to join a busy and growing team with excellent opportunities for development and career progression.
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.