Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pleasanton, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently recruiting for an Entry level I&E Tech for Electrical/Pneumatic Safety System Testing to install, maintain, and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical equipment, wiring and fixtures, and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage tester
- Install ground leads and connect power cables and wires to machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and fixtures using test equipment
- Repair or replace faulty electric components, wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Test malfunctioning or broken equipment using test equipment and discuss malfunction with other workers to diagnose malfunction
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Place conduit, pipes or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, structures or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
Skills / Qualifications
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to perform a job
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.