Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to Innovate. Achieve. Grow. Lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Explore the possibilities in a career that helps bring energy to the world. At Halliburton, we want people who want to make a difference. Take risks. Inspire. Be inspired. Learn. Collaborate. Create a better future in a safe, ethical and dynamic workplace with limitless opportunity.
Landmark Software Services, a Halliburton business line and recognized as innovators in the industry, is the leading technology solutions provider of data and analytics, science, software, and services for the oil & gas industry. Join the team building iEnergy - the world's premier petrotechnical cloud environment. Landmark's Cloud team is responsible for architecting, engineering, operating, and securing the cutting-edge, multi-cloud iEnergy SaaS platform used to deliver Landmark's industry-leading cloud solutions. Contribute to an environment where science, engineering, large-scale cloud computing, and modern DevOps intersect.
What you'll do€¦
- Deploy and configure new Public Cloud tenants via automation - Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible
- Collaborate closely with business analysts, architects, and peer engineers for planning, development, and implementation of solutions for various systems.
- Troubleshoot and address infrastructure issues as necessary
- Investigate new technologies and methodologies to better support the product
- Assist in maintaining platform availability to defined levels
- Research new ideas as part of a team
- Communicate frequently with team members and stakeholders from the various business units, regarding status; and help troubleshoot and resolve project problems and issues to ensure the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
Skills we are seeking€¦
- Academic or personal experience with Public Cloud PaaS/SaaS solutions such as App Services, App Insights, Storage Accounts, Resource Groups, and monitoring tools, EC2, S3, route53, IAM
- A moderate-to-advanced understanding of the infrastructure components and offerings of Public Cloud
- Personal/academic experience with Azure and/or AWS is a plus
- Strong Windows System administration skillsets
- Strong to Moderate Linux (RHEL preferred) is a big plus
- Light-to-moderate understanding of Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, and Kubernetes
- Ability to understand and develop CI/CD pipelines for automations
- Light-to-moderate scripting and programming skills which may be required for automating some of the tasks in the future - VBA, Python, Java, Shell scripting, PowerShell
- General knowledge of designing and implementing GUI-based web pages/dashboards aimed to gather and present information to account, sales, and other stakeholder teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Work Authorization: Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
GPA Requirement: 3.25
Majors : Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical fields
Locations: Houston, TX
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including up to an Associate Cloud Engineer, Cloud Engineer, and Senior Cloud Engineer.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 82112
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.