Baker Hughes is currently hiring a Research and Development Scientist/Engineer supporting Pressure Pumping at our facility in Tomball, Texas.Essential Responsibilities:
The Research Scientist/Engineer will be responsible for managing multiple projects relating to research and design in order to develop new products/software related to cementing services. In addition, the scientist/engineer will be expected to analyze and interpret data from the testing and summarize it into a report format. Finally, the scientist/engineer will be responsible for introducing new technology ideas to grow the research and development portfolio.
- Plans and conducts research, designs experiments and analyzes data to understand products and mechanisms for the development of new products, or software, and processes,
- Applies fundamental understanding of cementing services to solve problems, initiate projects, and provide innovative ideas.
- Collaborates with the Pressure Pumping cementing product line, colleagues, and other product lines
- Participates in the development of standards, conferences, and committees to show industry leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Scientific/Engineering discipline with 6+ years' experience (or High School Diploma / GED with 15+ years of experience). Master's Degree with 4-6 years' experience. Ph.D. with 2-4 years' experience.
- Familiar with cementing products and equipment, and knowledge of typical chemicals used and functionality.
- Field experience with 5+ years on cementing operation, deep water preferred
- Familiar with industrial software related to cementing operation.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be action-oriented, ethical in values, and have a strong focus on satisfying customers.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Communicates well both individually and in a team environment.
- Demonstrates project management skills.
- Self-motivating, goal-oriented, and determined.
- Familiar with Baker Hughes cementing software
- Work experience in multiple-geographic locations
- Operational experience in the offshore Gulf of Mexico
- Business travel may be required for both domestic and international locations
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.