Responsible for designing and developing a program, component, feature or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business.Essential Responsibilities
- Perform research and development to generate/maintain robust engineering application software.
- Own full product life cycle as required.
- Maintain relevant interfaces with team, product lines and end users.
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
- Ability to take ownership of relevant tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
- Can drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
- Demonstrates awareness of product positioning and key differentiators.
- Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
- Skilled in core data structures, algorithms, and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
- Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
- Petroleum or Chemical Engineering (or equivalent) degree; advanced degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of programming experience with ownership of significant engineering applications or functionality (Windows preferred).
- Minimum 3 years of C/C++ experience on Windows Platform.
- Experience with independent work on complex projects with attention to detail.
- Proven problem solving, math, logic, and analytical abilities.
- Proven ability to research/develop analytical and numerical techniques for fluid mechanics, heat flow, particle transport etc.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.