The Integrated Project Management Office Center of Excellence, led by Ian Dunderdale, will build the cross product company project management office and operating system to support ISM projects; develop a horizontal Project Manager Talent pool and competence certification capability. Additionally they will work with product companies on focused early engagement and project economics to support ISM commercialization, and provide financial oversight and value assurance for risk-based projects.
The Integrated Project Management Office Competency Manager is specifically responsible to develop a horizontal Project Manager Talent pool and competence certification capability in support for the cross Product Company (xPC) Integrated Solution Modules (ISM).
The sanctioned ISM's are: Subsea Connect Tiebacks (SCTB) leveraging the Subsea Connect process, launched in Q4 2018 and primarily focused on delivering an integrated offering between OFE & OFSSubsea Connect Interventions (SCI) as with Subsea Tiebacks primarily focused on delivering an integrated offering between OFE & OFS, under development and to be launched mid 2020Underground Gas Storage (UGS) currently in design stage and aimed to be launched in first half 2020 integrating capabilities from OFS, TPS & M&CInfield Power Solutions (IPS) at the design stage and aimed for a potential 2020 launch integrating capabilities from OFS, TPS & M&C
The Competency Manager is responsible for all facets of Training and Competency for ISM's and will proactively develop the Baker Hughes xPC ISM Training and Competence Assurance Program. The Manager must have broad knowledge of Competency Assurance Systems and related implementation. This position will oversee the training and competency at multiple sites.
Targeted at Senior Professional Band candidates, the role could be appropriate for a Cultivate or IMPACT roll-off assignee with the required qualifications, as below.Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of Integrated Project Management Office Competency Manager, you will:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of training and competency standards for Baker Hughes to deliver xPC projects for project managers
- Accountable for the management of the Competency Assurance Program to develop, maintain and implement a fully compliant program
- Provide local training and support through active interactions with stakeholders before, during, and after commissioning and start up
- Develop and implement methods to track and measure the effectiveness of training and programs
- Accountable for the collection and sharing of competency key performance indicators and work with local management to ensure regulatory, quality and internal standards are met across multiple sites
- Conduct regular audits and verification of training activities, materials and records, to ensure overall program effectiveness, adherence to relevant standards and developing and implementing 'Gap' closure action plans
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 7 years in the operation of oil and gas pipelines, developing training and competency assurance programs or chemical processing facilities
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in a training department
- Thorough understanding of training development and delivery within an operating environment
- An acute sensitivity to HSE issues in upstream oil & gas environments
- Effective communicator at all levels of an organization with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects
- Computer savvy including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more