Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Senior Logistics Engineer applies a working knowledge of logistics engineering fundamentals in a managed team environment. This role requires interactions with managers, engineering staff, support staff in all OTECH departments as well as customers.
It is required to be familiar with and have some experience with the DoD acquisition logistics procedures and documentation requirements, including FMECA, RM&A, DMSMS, spares determination, system training, and technical manual development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- May coordinate the efforts of technicians, designers, technical writers, and other engineers on assigned projects.
- Complete difficult logistics engineering tasks that may include a variety of complex dimensions and requirements.
- May review progress and evaluate results of work accomplished by self and other team members.
- Conduct research, including reading source material, and meeting with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as needed.
- Prepare reports and present results to Project Managers and Integrated Logistics Support Manager (ILSM).
- Demonstrate sound technical judgement, independent evaluation, and ingenuity.
- Conduct routine analyses/tests and complete required documentation.
- Develop objectives, schedules, and estimates for assignments and prepare reports on the results.
- Support the Systems Engineering Program in accordance with customer/project requirements, including the performance of hazard analyses and FMEAs.
- Provide Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) services to commercial and military programs.
- Interface with engineers and vendors to obtain drawings/specifications/data to allow development of a support concept through analysis such as; trade studies, configuration breakdown, logistics support resources, and provisioning data.
- Ability to meet schedule, cost, and technical performance requirements of complex, customer design/build systems.
- Interact with customer, and their representatives to define and manage expectations.
- Evaluate Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), and vendor capability to provide required product or services.
- Document analyses as required by program (i.e. contract deliverable requirements, on-line logistics databases, etc.)
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical discipline. Significant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years of practical experience in logistics engineering.
- Experience with the development of:
- Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSPs)
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA)
- ILS Management Plans
- System Training Plans
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A) analyses.
- Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS)
- Ability to work independently and in a small team environment.
- Able to apply a working knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of related engineering fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the company and subcontractor organizations.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and data.
- Demonstrated, successful performance in Logistics discipline.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications and Database management.
- Working knowledge of government and commercial contract requirements.
- Working knowledge of Government publication standards.
- Experience with large-scale commercial and/or military systems.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.