- Develop and maintain Heat and Material Balances using ASPEN and other simulation packages and PFDs for the latest generation PTA technology primarily
- Demonstrated familiarity with process design parameters for critical equipment; heat exchangers, distillation towers, pumps/compressors
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of both Acetyls and PTA Technology Design Packages (TDP), with a primary focus on PTA Technology.
- Ability to engage and develop Process Design skills, process engineering and technical support to continuously improve the technologies support the Acetyls BU growth agenda;
- Provide ongoing support to BP project teams during Define and Execute stage of projects and to licensees during FEED and Detailed Engineering Design
- Support the commissioning, start-up, and performance test activities at licensed plants as required.
- Awareness of BP's Group Defined Practices and other industry standards (ASME, etc) to ensure proper application of good engineering to equipment and process designs.
- Develop and provide training materials and training to the licensee.
- Provide process engineering support to global PTA and Acetyls sites as required.
- Work collaboratively with Petrochemicals Technology teams, Petrochemicals China Engineering team, and multiple contract staff for the delivery of projects and manufacturing site support.
- Provide HSSE leadership in activities such as HAZOP, LOPA, HAZID, ISD reviews
- Protect BP IP and confidential information
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering
Essential experience and job requirements:
- 5-7 years as a process engineer within manufacturing and/or capital projects; PTA experience preferred
- Track record of technical excellence and delivery in technology environment.
- Proven capability to work and network across a range of technical functions, multi-cultural and geographically extended settings
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- The post holder will work with little direct supervision and will be expected to exercise initiative and take responsibility for achieving technical targets within an assigned area