The Commissioning and Startup (CSU) Manager plans, directs and oversees commissioning and startup activities to be performed by contractors or directly by BP in support of the safe startup of the new Cypre asset. Primary responsibility is ensuring all equipment, facilities and system controls are installed and fully operational to design specifications and operating in accordance with the documented operating practices and procedures.
The CSU Manager will work in a leadership role on the Project Management Team. The Cypre project is currently in the early stages of Define.
- This position has accountability for safe delivery of the greenfield and brownfield commissioning and startup scopes. Included in this delivery are the following:
- Demonstrate personal HSSE leadership and excellent HSSE behaviors at all times, ensuring that safety expectations are managed, communicated and maintained.
- Develop a detailed CSU execution plan, in line with overall project schedule and objectives
- Manage FEED and EPC contractors in completion of CSU deliverables.
- Verify the execution plan is in line with commissioning practices and startup practices.
- Deliver the CSU execution plan while managing the CSU budget and schedule
- Establish an effective CSU organization and verify resources are sufficient to deliver the execution plan.
- Set the CSU staffing plan.
- Set guidelines on recruitment and ensure the competency of all personnel.
- Ensure appropriate training is provided for BP employees and contractors involved in commissioning and startup.
- Work with engineering to ensure the implementation of CSU requirements into the design.
- Participate in design reviews, HAZOPS, and similar processes to assure that consideration for a safe and successful Commissioning and Startup is imbedded in the design.
- Create an integrated leak testing program with dynamic testing to minimize standalone testing.
- Develop, review and approve commissioning and startup procedures.
- Develop and manage the vendor support requirements, budget and scheduling.
- Provision of the necessary administrative systems and control procedures for commissioning execution, startup and hand over, inclusive of Startup manual.
- Confirm factory acceptance testing (FAT) is being executed in accordance to programs and specifications.
- Evaluation of commissioning spares, startup spares and maintenance requirements.
- Schedule and execute Brownfield CSU scope interfacing with operations and Category B commissioning team
- Interface with the Operations team on expectations for handover
- Deliver the startup of the facility and provide support to Operations post start-up through final handover.
Essential Experience & Job Requirements:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree or the equivalent UK Degree is preferred but not essential.
- Advanced relevant work experience, preferable in the oil and gas industry.
- Commissioning and Operations experience in greenfield and brownfield projects
- Experience building organizational competence and capacity.
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Demonstrate high ethical conduct in areas of procurement, contracts, evaluation of contractors and all other areas associated with procurement.
- Deep knowledge of current project management, commissioning best practices, operations best practices and common processes to ensure these are embedded within the Function.
- Experience leading commissioning or operations teams within cross-functional teams (i.e. with engineering, construction, operations, subsurface, drilling, commercial teams, etc.).