Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Skills: HR - General
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Diversity & Inclusion Manager will provide program leadership and is accountable for:
- Taking the established Fuels North America D&I strategy and ensuring strong delivery of programs that ensure that strategy is delivered. This will need to occur via by working in a cross-functional and matrixed environment to operationalize the strategy to achieve BP and Fuels North America inclusion and diversity objectives, such as achieving our Gender and Minority Ambitions, developing and progressing our diverse talent and creating a work environment that is respectful and inclusive.
- Designing, planning, and implementing projects and initiatives that:
- progress a diverse and inclusive culture at BP,
- supplement all people-related infrastructure and processes with a diversity and inclusion lens,
- enhance line leader capability and emotional intelligence
- leverage existing people focused programs such as the Community of Leaders
- and build diverse and inclusive talent pipelines.
- Supporting the business in our overall aspirations, priorities, and frameworks related to diversity and inclusion, aligned with our Global D&I Ambitions and Fuels North America Diversity and Inclusion Strategy.
- Improving the overall D&I strategy for the business as informed by key inputs such as our 2019 Pulse results, BRG input and lessons learned from overall program delivery
The role will report to the NA Fuels Chief Finance Officer such that is has NA Fuels Leadership team has direct oversight with a dotted line to the Fuels North America Organization Effectiveness team. The role will also be a key player within the Global and US Diversity and Inclusion Centers of Expertise (CoE) and should be part of shaping BP's goal to create an inclusive workplace. The role depends heavily on leading change through influence and will work closely with business-facing HR to support the execution of business-led D&I plans, the Global Gender Ambition, and the US Minority Ambition. Demonstrated ability to lead programs with a sizable management of change element will also be a key success criterion.
- Serve as a D&I subject matter expert who partners proactively with the business leadership, HR business partners, functional leaders, BRGs, D&I Council, external partner organizations and other constituents to ensure effective execution of the D&I strategy and to create/foster an inclusive workplace and affect positive change.
- Work closely with talent management, talent acquisition and other HR leaders to ensure effective integration of diversity and inclusion goals and objectives into attracting, deploying, retaining, developing and rewarding talent.
- Develop and ensure execution of programs that may be business specific as well as Fuels North America wide to drive delivery of our overall D&I Strategy.
- Monitor and manage results in the D&I space to ensure real time, active performance management of this agenda, no different than how we manage safety and financial performance delivery
- Partner with business leadership teams in conjunction with our Organization Effectiveness Analyst to create scorecards and applicable reports that assess the effectiveness of diversity and inclusion programs and create transparency and accountability around diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Leverage existing BP content and assist (as needed) in developing and deploying fit-for-purpose learning, engagement and awareness events that advance Fuels North America's strategic D&I priorities.
- Develop external contact points to leverage external best practices that can improve and enhance BP's overall D&I program.
- Proven leader who can drive a culture of inclusion through formal and informal organizational engagement and who can equip our overall leadership to move from awareness to action
- Oversee and develop D&I communications and work with appropriate channels throughout the enterprise to effectively disseminate communications and monitor the subsequent impact on advancing D&I objectives, programs and measures. This should be done in close collaboration with NA Fuels Communication team
- Identify opportunities to position BP externally as an employer of choice through external recognition for excellence in diversity, inclusion and engagement.
- Develop close working relationships with all BRGs to help ensure their agenda is linked to the BP and Fuels NA D&I goals and aspirations.
- Attend and participate, as relevant, at external conferences, diverse recruitment and other events related to diversity and inclusion.
- Monitor internal and external diversity trends and legal developments impacting policy and the recruitment and retention of co-workers. Network and collaborate with industry peers to share and leverage best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- 7+ years leadership experience
- Examples of strengths in the areas of change management and capability development is a plus
- Strong analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders to drive a multi-faceted agenda
- Proven ability to influence a wide variety, inclusive of C-suite level stakeholders, to adopt strategic solutions and drive cultural change
- Strong team player with a bias toward supporting the broader D&I CoE agendas.
- Effective ability to use key performance indicators to measure success
- Bias for action and ability to deliver against timelines and within budget constraints
- Proven strength in emotional intelligence and resiliency
- Effective communication skills with a clear ability to foster powerful and trusting working relationships
- O365 and MS Office fluency is a must
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version) BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement