Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Blaine, Washington, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Responsible for conceptual design of projects in the Appraise and Select stages including supporting the development and delivery of Setting Business Priorities, Statement of Requirements, process information for estimation, and Process Design Basis.
- Work with the Project Sponsor and key stakeholders on projects to clearly identify objectives and implement the right project.
- Champion and ensure that inherently safer design (ISD) principles are considered in all phases of project development and leverage technical expertise to inform lifecycle and risk decisions to improve process safety performance of the site.
- Do the right project. Identify a range of concepts that deliver the project objectives and evaluate project options to select the optimal concept to be carried forward. Work with the project team to populate an option selection matrix to clearly communicate recommendations to decision makers and stakeholders.
- Ensure all project development and process design meets BP corporate guidelines (Capital Value Process, Projects Common Process v4, Engineering Technical Practices, etc.).
- Responsible for assuring quality of project technical basis in FEL including creation or review of process models, hydraulic models, heat and material balances, PFDs, etc. as necessary.
- Work with the project team to generate mutually agreed schedules and milestones for projects. Maintain strong communication between teams including regular schedule forecasting and updates.
- Engage project stakeholders including Operations, Technology, Maintenance, Supply, and Planning early in project design and keep stakeholders updated through FEL to gain alignment and collaboration across the site.
- Translate strategy into business justification for projects. Support the business strategy by working with commercial and supply teams to develop robust project business cases using BP corporate guidelines (GIAAPs and EEM).
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, or a related degree.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- 5+ years experience in a process engineering environment in the oil, gas, chemicals, or related industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Able to effectively communicate technical information to a wide variety of stakeholders including refinery operations, commercial, and leadership personnel.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Process modelling experience with HYSYS, Petro-SIM, Pro/II, HTRI, & AFT Fathom.
- Experience in multiple refinery process/utility units and a broad working knowledge of refinery unit operations and commercial drivers.
- Demonstrable experience setting goals and expectations while engaging, motivating and inspiring others to contribute
The Process and Asset Development Engineer supports the delivery of the refinery's capital portfolio and 12 year plan. This includes participation in pre-project development and assessment work processes, working closely with the business improvement and commercial teams to evaluate project business cases, leading the conceptual design of projects through FEL, and supporting later project execution phases as required to ensure a successful outcome.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement