Job Description We currently have an opportunity for a seasoned Data Scientist professional to join our newly-created Artificial Intelligence and Quantitative Research department of Shell Asset Management Company B.V. (SAMCo) - the dedicated in-house asset manager for the Royal Dutch Shell PLC group, sponsored pension, and insurance companies.What's the role?
As (Senior) Data Scientist, you will work with front office Quantitative Portfolio Managers and Analysts and help lead and drive Machine Learning Projects with other Data Scientists and Data Engineers to deploy investment strategies within SAMCo.
With your experience, you will contribute to introducing new technologies and play a vital role in the digital strategy around Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. More specifically, you will be responsible for building new models utilizing cutting-edge technology to predict financial markets.
In addition, you will contribute to research projects such as timing equity factors, identifying macro regimes or developing a framework to use big data indicators for stock picking and for tactical asset allocation.Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you?
We're keen to hear from Data Scientist professionals with a bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in Applied/Computational Physics. Beyond that, we'd hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Experience in Asset Management, Banking, Insurance, and/or Financial Services industries;
- Solid programming skills in Python and R, while knowledge in Matlab, C#, C++, C, SQL, and VBA are a plus;
- Relevant experience with software solutions (Risk Metrics, Pearl, SimCorp Dimension, Refinitive, Bloomberg) and Cloud Computing & Database Tools (Microsoft Azure);
- Proven track record in building financial models;
- Excellent skills in communication and stakeholder management.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.