Job Description What's the role?
As a member of the Supply Chain Commercial Team supporting Production and MTAP, this role will be responsible for both the development/execution of contracting strategies, and the post-award contract management of an extensive contract portfolio, in support
- GoM Deepwater Brownfield Projects;
- Topsides Engineering (e.g. Powernap);
- Civil Engineering (e.g. Specialized Inspection, Blasting & Painting).
The successful candidate must have extensive experience of Oil and Gas supply chain organizations, and must be a Subject Matter Expert in Pre- and Post-Award Contract Management.
The Supply Chain Lead will enable and influence the wider organization to consistently deliver best in class deals throughout the life of contracts, manage Contract(or)s for performance, maximize value delivery by ensuring no value leakage and removing any waste in the End-to-End supply chain.
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies and tactics for assigned key spend categories which meets the Business Demand, while considering potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/ regional level.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in accordance to the CMCP as an overall 'guidance'.
- Ensure delivery & effectively manage contracts while continuously drive value improvement targets. Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities.
- Ensure Supply Chain strategies, and contract development, implementation and management support Goal Zero Aspiration through robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to Shell's personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Implementation of Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Managers/Holders and Owners.
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders (Shell Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree level (Business/Engineering) or proven experience within Contracting Process.
- Minimum of seven (7) years proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation required.
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) Qualification would be preferred but not mandatory.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, translates strategy to outcomes
- Brings external market/supplier into the conversation (curiosity)
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance is a 'must have' in all CP
- Collaborates and integrates within CP and with business, enterprise first
- Proven track record of commercial acumen
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.