Our Client is currently seeking a Contracts Manager for a 6 month contract rotational to Kitimat, BC.
- - Support implementation of Site Contracting & Procurement process, procedures & reporting requirements, including development of 'Project Performance Management' requirements
- Be an active member of the Contract management team at the project site, in full coordination with the Site project management team
- Manage the Site Contracts in a proactive manner with the objective of minimizing disputes / claims
- Challenge & manage change, ensure timely placement of Variations under the Site Contracts, other L direct contracts & suppliers
- Support the requirements of the Contract performance team, who have continuous oversight of Site contract & sub-contract activities, such that advserse trends can be identified early & managed accordingly
- Support timely payment under the Site Contracts, in accordance with progress & milestone payment structure
- Advise & support project colleagues in the Site construction team on the fundamental principles, processes & procedures to be adopted in managing their contracts
- Support implementation of our local content aspirations, including through First Nations Economic Development Agreements & promoting contractors & sub-contractors to utilize local suppliers / local labor
- Prepare submissions for various governance requirements, both internally and externally
- Apply project contracting best practices and benchmarks into contracting activities
- Support project colleagues in understanding commercial & contractual issues with Company contracts, the Site Contracts and sub-contracts
- Build & maintain close working relationship with Cost & Planning, Finance & Legal specialists, to ensure that contract management & documentation are in compliance with cost control, financial governance & legal requirements
- Recognize and adapt to the different cultural & diversity characteristics that influence our contracting environment, especially the First Nations groups
- Maintain awareness of relevant local & international contracting markets, particularly those with constraints in availability, capability & competitiveness of contractors, sub-contractors & labor
Skills & Requirements:
- An experienced professional, familiar with Contracting roles on capital projects.
- Strong preference for an individual that has excellent relationship skills, leadership qualities in managing contractors and has worked on Canadian Projects (including lump sum contracts).
- Candidates should demonstrate knowledge and capability in the following aspects;
- Minimum of 5 years Contracting and Procurement experience
- Experience of managing early works / Company Provided Items contracts (both lump sum and reimbursable)
- Application of Contracting and Procurement systems, processes and tools
- Contract management & governance in capital projects
- Strong commercial acumen / awareness, demonstrated via negotiations with Contractors and large contract savings
- Comprehensive understanding of Contracting in a major project context
- Applied knowledge of effective local content development
- Experience of working in mega project environments
- Business, Engineering, Quantity Surveying degree (or equivalent)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.