Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Manhattan, Illinois, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Operations & Maintenance - Welder in EPIC's Construction Maintenance Team to be headquartered out of BP Pipeline's Manhattan Illinois Station. The hourly rate of pay will be commensurate with the position. Candidates should live close enough to the facility to reasonably respond to emergencies, and must be willing to travel (approximately 70%) where overnight stays may be required.
- Successfully and effectively follow all health, safety, security, environmental (HSSE) and operational and maintenance practices and procedures
- Be motivated and accountable for achieving long-term and day- to-day goals and tasks
- Effectively manage time and resources and ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently without supervision
- Problem solve, overcome obstacles and make good decisions
- Work effectively on diverse teams
- Good oral/written communication skills and communicate effectively with all levels both internally and externally
- Effectively demonstrate and transfer work related knowledge to others
- Ability to read maps, alignment sheets, construction drawings and distinguish colors
- Value and practice continuous learning
- Exhibit a high level of initiative
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed but not limited to eye/face protection, flame retardant clothing (FRC), foot protection, gloves, hearing protection, head protection, etc.
- Work nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary and is subject to call-outs including response to emergency situations
- Knowledge of different pipe schedules and pressure ratings
- Knowledge of construction materials and their uses (e.g. pipe fittings, pressure ratings, connections, coatings and paints)
- Perform all phases of pipeline, tank and manifold welding, fabricate pipe assemblies, cut and fit structural steel parts
- Maintain equipment associated with this position in good working condition and make minor repairs
- Understand equipment usages and capabilities (backhoes, track hoes, blades, booms, lifting, rigging, etc.)
- Perform inline inspections, pig tracking, hydrostatic testing, hot tapping, stopple work, pipeline disconnects; install ClockSprings, purging lines, etc.
- Work directly with contract supply companies and pipeline support contractors to optimize efficiencies and cost control
- Complete Inspection & Repair reports, Foreign Line Crossing reports or others as required
- The candidate must be willing to travel to other locations within the district's geographical area of responsibility, depending on workload and business needs
The position provides maintenance and construction work for BP US Pipelines & Logistics. The Operations & Maintenance Welder role is a multi-craft position focused primarily on welding and pipeline construction and repair for BP Pipelines.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement