BP's Trinidad strategy focuses on delivering long term value by maximizing the recovery of resources. Cassia Compression project forms a critical component of the Trinidad ADP that will underpin delivery of future contracts and existing proved reserves, as well as providing operational flexibility and maximizing effective resource development in the basin. The development plan calls for a NUI compression platform (Cassia C) bridge-linked to Cassia B processing hub with 1.2 bcfd capacity providing lowered wellhead pressures to those fields served by the Cassia hub.
The Lead Mechanical & Piping Engineer leads the Cassia Compression Mechanical Engineering Team specifically with the delivery of the mechanical & piping scope related to Greenfield and Brownfield Scope and manages mechanical-related interfaces with other Project Disciplines and Stakeholders (including GFH, UEC, S&OR TA's, O&M, etc.). The Lead Mechanical & Piping Engineer ensures that mechanical deliverables are consistent with safe, cost effective and competitive projects and conforms to Projects OMS, MPcp and BP codes and standards.
The Lead Mechanical & Piping Engineer performance manages the EPC Contractor for Mechanical and Piping deliverables. This includes mechanical & piping engineering activity regarding Greenfield and Brownfield design, engineering, procurement, fabrication site support (construction & commissioning) and start-up support.
The Lead Mechanical & Piping Engineer reports to the GPO Cassia Compression Engineering Manager.Key Accountabilities:
- Team Lead for the BP Mechanical Engineering Team (including static, rotating, brownfield & materials engineers). Assures the technical integrity of the design for these areas.
- Leads the mechanical and piping engineering delivery and contractor oversight for the project.
- Manages the review and expediting as required of EPC Contractor deliverables related to mechanical and piping engineering. This includes engineering related to EPC deliverables (e.g. 3D Model, platform piping design, etc.); and procurement and Vendor management (e.g. datasheets, specifications, package contents lists, inspection & test plans, etc.) to ensure conformity to BP Standards.
- Leads technical review of Vendor-submitted documentation to verify conformance to purchase requirements.
- Leads the evaluation of non-conformances by EPC Contractor and Vendors. Generates Technical Deviations as necessary; and performs technical query resolution for mechanical & piping scope.
- Leads the resolution of mechanical & piping engineering issues with considerations of cost, schedule, and quality.
- Performs Vendor and Fabrication Site Visits as necessary to monitor fabrication progress and verify conformance to approved design.
- Leads relevant technical reviews to ensure compliance to BP engineering standards and practices.
- Provides technical guidance and support to Topsides fabrication site, regarding equipment & piping installation.
- Provides technical support to Construction, Commissioning and Start-up Teams for equipment, valves and piping-related activities.
- Leads risk identification and enables prudent risk management of engineering risks for the mechanical & piping engineering scope.
- Maintains a close relationship with GFH to ensure that GFH Stakeholder requirements are achieved.
- Proactively interface with Company Static Mechanical and Piping, Rotating, Materials & Welding ETA's, Operations and Construction & Commissioning.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to develop junior Mechanical Engineers, Challengers and Interns.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master's in related Engineering is preferred.
- Professional Engineering accreditation PE or Chartership
- Minimum of 15-20 years of mechanical related experience.
- Previous experience as a Lead Mechanical Engineer, leading a team of engineers on Greenfield Offshore Projects (with Brownfield Tie-ins).
- Previous in-country experience in design, engineering and construction of offshore oil and gas projects in Trinidad.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant international and Trinidad oil and gas industry codes, standards and regulations associated with mechanical and piping engineering.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical & piping design engineering principles. Candidate is expected to have excellent knowledge of piping, valves, vessels, vibration & stress analysis and general mechanical equipment skid design.
- Working knowledge of turbomachinery (compressors & turbines) and rotating equipment (e.g. centrifugal & positive displacement pumps) and materials and corrosion discipline.
- Experienced in the application of Human Factors to mechanical engineering design (in particular to the development of the Platform Layout).
- Effective in working within a multi-discipline team setting with multiple demands and priorities.
- Previous experience in assurance and review of work products from a top tier engineering contractor, and in managing discipline interfaces between engineering and a fabrication yard.
- Demonstrated safety focus with a commitment to continuous improvement in HSSE performance.
- Excellent self-motivation and self-direction with limited guidance.