Skills: Drilling Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Payments for training away from home
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Due to an increase in demand our Client is looking for an experienced Well Engineering Instructor. This is a permanent position based in Aberdeen. This role would suit an experienced Drilling/Wells Engineer who can demonstrate high levels of knowledge, field experience with excellent communication skills as you will be trained appropriately in order to become a certified instructor and assessor.
As Well Engineering Instructor you will have responsibility for the research, development, maintenance and delivery of a wide range of specialist technical training courses for the company and their global network. Your primary duties will include:
- Researching required subject matter (Well Design, Casing Design, Drillstring Design, Drilling Fluids, Cementing Operations, Completion Operations and Well Integrity)
- Preparing reports as well as prepare teaching material (PowerPoint, case studies, worked examples etc.) to a high standard of technical content
- Preparation and delivery of a range of specialist technical courses
- Determining suitable technical solutions to Well Engineering and Integrity challenges and delivering high quality instruction of existing or prepared training to company standards
- Assessing students in a classroom or practical simulator environment to the standards required by the company and/or their accrediting organisations
- Undertaking coaching and competency assessment of operational crews (Drilling & Well Integrity) both in the classroom and rig-site
- Supporting, developing and improving company courses and associated course material
- Monitoring the outcomes from each course delivered and ensuring the necessary changes in teaching methodology and course materials to ensure technical integrity and continuous improvement
- Engaging with the Business Development Team and Customer to ensure that the training courses meet or surpass customer requirements
- Engaging with industry bodies and customers to identify any training needs and opportunities
To be considered for the role you will have to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience as a Drilling/Wells Engineer
- Technical competency with a high level of knowledge in the field of Well Construction
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability engage with students
- Fluent in English and the command of another language would be an advantage
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.