Job Description Make an impact and propel your career
If you are a Construction Manager who embraces new technology with an expertise in modularization and proven experience in the Front End Development phase of projects, then this role will help make a step change in your career and give you the chance to improve the overall efficiency of our entire Integrated Gas division.Where you fit in
The Shell Projects and Technology division is involved in the management and delivery of Capital Projects worldwide across all Shell Businesses: Conventional Oil & Gas, Oil Products, Deep Water, Chemicals and Shales and Integrated Gas. Within Projects and Technology, the Integrated Gas Projects Group - to which this role belongs - is accountable for project delivery of individual Liquefied Natural Gas and Gas to Liquids projects and associated upstream gas projects. Integrated Gas Projects also supports Project development during conceptual development phases in terms of execution planning and preparation. Projects are developed and executed in either a Shell Operated or a Non Operated partner context, thus the level of engagement varies from minimal (project assurance only) to maximal (fully fledged Project Team) depending on size, complexity and the existing and available project execution capability.
As part of Integrated Gas Projects, expect a collaborative and diverse team striving for excellence and innovation in improving the performance of the wider Integrated Gas division as a whole!What's the role
Capital efficiency is of the utmost importance to Shell in order to remain competitive, and execution efficiency of Integrated Gas' various projects is essential to attain this goal. The Front End Construction Manager will play a key role in this by providing construction expertise and direction into opportunities and initiatives prior to financial sanctioning of Projects. You will ensure the quality and robustness of engineering, concept and execution strategy decisions by including the Health, Safety, Environmental, cost and schedule ramifications from a construction perspective to set Projects up for success.
In order to achieve this, you'll be influencing various workstreams through the engagement of senior stakeholders, external market parties and Project Managers alike and by being an active member of not only the Construction community, but also the Modularization Center of Excellence as well as the Digital group within Shell. For this, occasional business travel will be required.Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
The successful candidate will have as many of the following as possible:
- Minimum B.S. Degree in a Technical discipline, and preferably accreditation as a Project Management professional equivalent to Association for Project Management's Chartered Project Professional.
- Significant experience successfully delivering projects in the oil and gas industry, of which the majority in a direct onshore Construction Management role including on a material (~$1bln+) Project. There is a strong preference for Liquefied Natural Gas Construction experience.
- Expertise in modularization including fabrication and integration experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Advance Work Packaging, 4D/5D and digitialization through engineering and procurement phases to champion data centric solutions as an enabler of increased productivity in construction.
- Demonstrated active accountability for the Front end (pre project sanction) development phase of projects or accountability for driving the construction agenda during the Front end development phase.
- Strong stakeholder influencing skills are critical with a track-record in effectively managing and communicating with those outside of direct line of accountability and external parties.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.