The Invitation to Order (ITO) Quality Specialist reports to the ITO Quality Leader and is responsible for effective review of bids, mitigating risks, and ensuring timely delivery of Quality bid package. The successful candidate will support Commercial Operations within Oilfield Equipment (OFE).Essential Responsibilities:Process Support:
- Support process review and improvement, including ensuring process consistency across product companies.
- Address quality issues and drive quality strategy and long-term quality improvements across all functions.
- Support functions and/or provide process procedures, work instructions and other documents, including training & implementation. support the awareness and training of process requirements and process changes.
- Contribute to the review and improvement of supporting processes. e.g. PQP, ITP, CRA, MDR, SDRL, MRB.
- Contribute to the ongoing reporting to management of the status of bids.
- Drive corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPAs) to closure.
- Perform core quality tasks e.g. Audits, RCA, CAPAs, CI, Problem Solving, etc. as and when required.
- Provide customer quality solution and drive quality execution strategy during ITO phase, in line with Commercial Operations Team and Customer specifications.
- Review tenders and contracts to address Quality risks and opportunities.
- Ensure bid support teams have a clear understanding of the bid quality requirements.
- Ensure timely provision of Quality related deliverables to the bid package, in accordance with established processes and procedures, including PQP, CRA, ITP, Costing, MRB, MDR, SDRL, and any other documents/ certificates (API, FPAL, ISO9001) requested.
- Perform other duties prescribed and needed as part of the ITO Quality team. Manage and monitor quality related programs and activities as required by the ITO Quality Leader.
- Appropriate level of qualification in Science, Engineering or Quality Management
- Oil & Gas experience
- Analytical with Substantial experience in Quality management tools & methodologies, and management experience in projects or team environment
- Experience in client-facing, project environment
- Quality audit training & experience
- Computer literate (Word/Excel/Outlook/Power point)
- Ability to travel where required
- Strong HSE culture
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Good communication skills including active listening, interpersonal skills and presentation/ reporting skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more