The Commercial Operations Manager APAC plays an essential role in contributing to the profitable growth of the Region with strong collaboration with the COE. The candidate is expected to work closely with Sales to maximize Baker Hughes competitiveness in our offerings.Essential Responsibilities
- Deliver commercial proposals with the right level of quality, responsiveness and competitiveness.
- Drive orders and as sold profitability target for the Region; Work in close coordination with the COE to identify the best value proposition to win in each project and implement the segment commercial strategy.
- Must have the ability to structure creative, commercially and technically sound, high quality proposals to exceed Customers expectations and significantly increase win rate; coordinating all activities on specific project opportunities;
- Lead the various phases of proposal preparation, customer negotiation, order closure and hand off to OTR;
- Coordinate functions (Legal, Finance, Manufacturing, Sourcing etc..) during proposal preparation, project risk mitigation and follow-up;
- Partner with Product Leadership and Application Engineers to promote Baker Hughes product portfolio, NPI commercialization and maximize Baker Hughes competitiveness;
- Demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives
- A Degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong commercial experience. (preferably in O&G turbomachinery market)
- Ability to structure creative bids, negotiate contracts, and deal effectively with customers
- Knowledge of rotating equipment sector and competitive landscape is an advantage
- Knowledge of commercial/legal aspects and contractual terms and conditions
- Strong business acumen, customer centric attitude
- Strong Individual contributor and a team player. Ability to influence and lead cross functional teams
- Strong communication skills, externally and internally, at all levels in the organization
- Self-starter, high motivation level, strong leadership
- Never-give-up, top say-do ratio, problem solver
- Full availability to travel for business purposes world-wide
- Fluency in English, good presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Preferably established project management skills
- Contract and Procurement
- Strategic planning
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more