At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Essential Responsibilities:
- Execute reporting to the APAC Commercial Operations Leader Services, the candidate primarily responsible for ensuring contracting and commercial works (including ordering) to meet business and operating objectives of assigned accounts.
- Review and provide negotiation support for pre-sales contract to ensure contract clauses are supportive for project delivery and implementation.
- Work closely with Sales and Project Management teams to provide contract support on
- SOW/Risk/Terms and Conditions/ Pricing and other critical clauses impacting project delivery and implementation.
- Responsible for detailed technical proposal preparation, development program management, product pricing and contract negotiations.
- Negotiate key business agreements and pricing for products and services.
- Understands and effectively manages proposal bid preparation and processing of assigned accounts.
- Prepare commercial proposal with highest quality, completeness and time responsiveness Lead Risk Assessment processes - coordinate with Functions (Legal, Finance, Risk)
- Define commercial strategy on Price and Margin - leverage ROI evaluation
- Lead negotiation with Customers and Functions in order to ensure full compliance with contract commitments and commercial risk assessment.
- Lead Hand-Off for project execution phase (OTR) (supported by the team)
- Ensure Deal risk and governance adherence (DOA and Risk Matrix, HQ and Regional Deal Reviews, etc.)
- Partner with commercial finance and sales management/commercial leadership to align and prioritize pipeline in the regions.
- Support opportunities pipeline, throughput/yield, and cycle time metrics and measurements.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3 - 5 years of commercial or technical experience, preferably with commercial management.
- 3 - 5 years of proposal development/writing, contract terms and conditions negotiation and drafting experience.
- Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
- Strong knowledge of / background in Commercial Proposals, Costing, Value Pricing, Terms and Conditions, Cash Flow, Contract Negotiations, Pipeline Management, Data Analysis and Reporting etc.
- Strong project-management skills - expert level ability to manage short cycle projects.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills - ability to effectively communicate and influence Senior Leadership.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills - ability to drive constructive conflict discussions but also collaborate to achieve desired results as a team.
- Strong integrity & demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for strengthening overall commercial compliancy & reduce risk in commercial proposal processes.
- Experience using DM (Deal Machine) or SFDC (Saleforce)
- Familiarity with BH TPS Commercial Services business processes and tools
- Strong business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience and demonstrated success working in a cross-functional environment
- Proven track record for delivering results
- Strong customer focus mindset and willingness to meet tight deadlines
- General urgency in execution and tendency toward speed with ability to adapt and change
- Proven ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Personal Attributes:
- Highly enthusiastic to try new things and be comfortable charging into the unknown
- Highly organized, driven self-starter with ability to operate independently.
- Highly motivated to meet goals and objectives.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more