Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is recruiting a Buyer Level II with extensive purchasing experience to join our Ithaca project in Aberdeen for a duration of 12 months.
Procurement of materials and equipment on a competitive basis as required by project or Company needs. The Buyer is fully qualified to handle all but the most complex purchasing activities. Typical assignments include engineered and non-engineered items.
- Ensure understanding, working knowledge and application of Worley corporate SCM endorsed procurement strategy and project procurement plan.
- Complete pre and post award procurement in accordance with Worley EMS procurement procedure, covering the following key areas:
- Development of bidder list and bid assessment criteria with SCM leadership and project team
- Creation and issue of invitation to tender (ITT)/request for quotation (RFQ)
- Undertake Commercial Bid Evaluation (CBE) of supplier proposals
- Work with the Engineering team to ensure completion of Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) process
- Complete bid clarification process
- Undertake negotiation process
- Complete and gain necessary approval of Recommendation to Award (RTA)
- Complete and gain necessary approval of Single Source Justification ( SSJ)
- Preparation and support for Commercial Review Board (CRB) process
- Completion of Purchase Order award process, ensuring compliance to DoA requirements
- Support/Lead supplier Kick Off Meeting process
- Ongoing electronic and hard copy filing to required standard
- Support with administration of Procurement Status Report (PSR) process, including participation/updating in PSR meetings, communicating progress, actions, issues.
- Support with invoicing/payment application process
- Supplier performance assessment (FPAL or other)
- Support/input into progressive learning sessions
- Timely completion of Purchase Order close out in accordance with established procedure and deadlines
- Promote HSSE within Supply Chain
- Act as initial point of escalation/support for Expediting Process
- SVQ/Standard grade education or equivalent
- Demonstrable relevant experience and exposure
- Advanced certificate in procurement and supply operations level accredited member of CIPS or greater
University Degree, or equivalent, in related field or applicable discipline, or equivalent relevant experience
- Good working level understanding of best practice full life cycle procurement process
- Commercially aware with key aspects of procurement process
- Working understanding of basic contracting principles and terms and conditions of purchase
- Good working knowledge on the principals of procurement and material management systems
- Experience of working with a diverse multi discipline team in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Experience within the oil and gas industry
- Good understanding of oil and gas supply market
- Good understanding and knowledge of relevant supplier products
*Certain benefits are not applicable to employees who reside outside of the UK
*As a people business we support flexible working and champion diversity and inclusion at all levels. We offer excellent remuneration and benefits packages, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects.