Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Maintain timely payment of open accounts, and review records and transactions associated with Accounts Receivable and Collections
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Contact clients via telephone, fax, or email, on a daily basis to ensure payments are made in full and on time
- Enforce BV Credit Hold Policy
- Maintain BV Lab databases for clients on credit hold and/or inactive accounts
- Account reconciliation as needed to include use of Excel, Word and Flex/JDE
- Research and resolve Miscellaneous Cash Receipts
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Possess knowledge of the department's office procedures and equipment
- Ability to grasp and retain knowledge of new systems, processes and equipment
- Good organizational skills
- Strong computer skills - Lotus notes, MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, strong problem solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Commitment to BV core values
- Possess an energetic commitment to work and quality
- Ability to work well and multi-task in a fast paced, high pressure environment
Experience and Educational Background Required for the Job
- High School Degree or equivalent with at least 2 years relevant Collections experience
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.