Skills: Crane Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
TYPE OF RIG: Semisubmersible
ROTATION: Temporary - December 16th - 24th
JOB SUMMARY: Assists in crane operations as qualified, supervises the roustabouts during lifting operation and general deck duties. Assists in first line maintenance and relevant lifting equipment; also, performs and directs lifting as required.
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Level/Stage 2 Crane Certificate required
- Offshore Certificates Required: Basic Survival Training (BST), H2S Alive, WHMIS, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry & Rigging Slinging & Banksman
- Considered an Asset: Offshore Fire Team, Helideck Team Training, TDG Air & Marine
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Complete competency requirements for current position and work towards gaining competency in the next position
- Operate the Rig's cranes as qualified in a safe and efficient manner working within the design specifications and environmental limits of the crane.
- Be conversant and utilize appropriate company procedures for all lifting operations and ensures the inspection of all lifting equipment prior to use.
- Ensure Company approved crane signals are utilized
- Assist in the loading and off loading of equipment and supplies from supply boats and movement of materials around the rig and keeping accurate records.
- Monitor deck cargo to ensure it is clear of obstructions and correctly sea fastened
- Assist in keeping a running inventory of slings and lifting equipment in use as per lifting gear register. Record and remove damaged equipment.
- Participate in all pre-job planning for deck operations.
- Carry out first line maintenance and on tour checks and document as required.
- Assist the Crane operator and Deck Foreman in organizing the deck for efficient and safe operation
- Perform helideck duties as directed
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Assist the Crane Operator in carrying out performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development, or disciplinary action
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools (4-point check, OBS Cards, PTW etc.)
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per training matrix
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Position Assistant Crane Operator Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: