At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:We are looking for enthusiastic professional with a strong technical background in pipeline / process services who will be able to work independently on technical bids.
Technically experienced with pipeline field with good commercial/project management skills, you will need to understand, interpret and respond to technical specifications & documentation within an ITT.
Working as part of a team the Pipeline Tender Engineer/Commercial Operations Specialist is responsible for coordinating and compiling all aspects of the bid preparation process, facilitating and delivering bid and risk related activities for the region; ensuring they are completed on time and to the highest service quality standards.Essential Responsibilities:
- Preparation and review of Tenders, Proposals and Pre-qualification responses, including but not limited to the technical, commercial and contractual aspects of these documents. Collation of all documents to be included in the offer, such as pre-qualification documentation, Technical & Operational documentation, QHSE, Pricing, Commercial & Legal exceptions, Certification, Bank Guarantees & Bonds, etc.
- Manage all aspects of bid preparation efforts in accordance with the BH Process and Pipeline business rules & ITO processes (from inquiry to handover) and liaise with regional leadership on bid related matters.
- Work with the Sales team to facilitate deal and risk reviews to avoid unknown, un-quantified risks during the bid preparation phases.
- Ensure all pertinent bid related data for the region is accurately entered into BH's database in a timely manner.
- Develop a strong understanding of the key ITO processes and systems and contribute to process simplification efforts to reduce cycle time, improve service quality and reduce costs.
- Develop strong working partnerships with other functions (Legal, Finance, Tax, Operations, etc.) to enable effective communication, on-time responses, improved information flow to help shape winning and profitable bids.
- Work closely with the Operations team to ensure that proposals fully reflect the entire scope of work and key assumptions within each bid. Frequent reviews with project managers upon project closure to reconcile estimated to actual costs.
- Work closely with the Technology team to ensure that technical assessments are completed on time to ensure technical compliance with Client's requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate commercial practices and standards.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to work & communicate in the Azerbaijani or Kazakh, English and Russian languages
- Prior experience in Process&Pipeline Services is preferred
- Knowledge of pipelines technical equipment and services
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex information in a simplified fashion.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in a sales/Client facing role and willing and enthusiastic about meeting clients
- A team player, willing to give additional input as and when required to meet client based deadlines, often at short notice.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more