Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsible for delivering product quality management in BP's supply chain through quality control processes, using sound technical and analytical capabilities to reduce product quality risk and improve quality assurance performance to ensure the safety and reliability of operations.
- Supports the implementation, inspection, intervention and reporting on the controls necessary for the quality assurance of products at a particular stage of the supply chain.
- Assists in developing plans to continuously reduce product quality risk and improve quality assurance performance, by conducting root cause analysis and systematic assessment against recognized standards.
- Leads, coordinates or sponsors the investigation of product quality incidents to identify and learn from immediate and system causes, sharing lessons learnt with the rest of the team and coordinating implementation of product quality initiatives as applicable.
- Assists in ensuring a safe and efficient work environment for all employees and compliance with company policies, safety standards and government regulation, providing assurance of the robust application of procedures, work instructions, quality management processes and key performance indicators.
- Develops contractor/supplier relationships based on introducing a quality improvement culture and helps to identify the optimum BP intervention levels.
- Collaborates closely with terminals and transport contractors to compile supply schedules for a reliable, flexible and efficient delivery of raw materials, component parts and/or finished goods.
- Provides close monitoring of general sales volumes, especially stock development at storage locations, and appropriate adjustment of the created supply schedule in close liaison with Sales.
- Supports project work and initiatives through preparation of statistics, data and analysis, such as volumes, costs, margin and capacities, and provides effective materials to support planning and identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities.
- Supports the team to correctly settle accounts involving product purchases and sales and assists in negotiating and finalizing all term purchase and sales volumes with external suppliers and calling for tenders, negotiating and concluding logistics contracts.
- Supports the wider strategic goals of minimizing costs along the supply chain and raises awareness across the team and more widely in relation to relevant quality standards and the reputational and financial risk or not adhering to these.
- Complies with BP's Code of Conduct and models BP's Values & Behaviors.
- A degree from recognized University.
- At least 10 years of working experience in plant operations, production, and quality control.
- Desired skill & traits includes: Leadership, quality control & management, Plus-One mindset
- Possess sound knowledge of local statutory laws in quality control
- Outstanding teammate with mentoring abilities.
- Based location: Port Klang