Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Luanda, Luanda Province, Angola
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate the execution of projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Project Managers to support project management processes and various aspects of project execution.
- Track metrics, including: cost reductions to projects, continuous improvement activities on projects, and Projects Team metrics:
- Gather information from Project Managers
- Verify accuracy/correctness of requested/required data
- Implement data into standardized formats
- Update the project portfolio and shop capacity and utilization portfolio to ensure accurate, up-to-date, data for project management.
- Aid on a per-project basis in the tracking and capacity management of projects:
- Run weekly cost reports on projects and track against supplied project budget and update Project Managers
- Track project status against supplied project schedule and update Project Managers
- Aid OPS track equipment, manpower, and space needs for each project and update Project Managers
- Aid SCM track parts status for each project and update Project Managers
- Aid on a per-project basis in the execution of projects:
- QA Lead, compile project binders and necessary documentation for handovers to procurement and manufacturing
- Eng/PC Lead input requisitions for parts and submits requests to procurement
- SCM Lead request parts be pulled from inventory
- Assist in setting up projects (PM responsibility)
- Compile project documentation on an as-need basis
- Participate in project closeout process
- Aid in resolving parts and assembly issues on an as-need basis (PM responsibility)
- Other duties as assigned.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Related industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Project and Office
- Knowledge of Oil/Gas industry
- Knowledge of ERP and/or MRP systems
- Technical knowledge and understanding of hydraulic, electronic, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ability to establish and maintain project priorities. Skill to effectively manage time to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 10 kg
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 5 kg
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.