Skills: Customer Service
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
SERVICE SPECIALIST I
This position provides training and procedure expertise through direct interface with Owen's customers in order to meet their needs. Works internally with Owen's sales, marketing, engineering and manufacturing departments to provide service support for the full product line offerings of Guardian branded products. The primary focus of this role is within North America, with the possibility of international assignments as needed. This position will provide the incumbent the opportunity to develop and move into a role of sales and/or operations management.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following with other possible duties as assigned:
- Train clients in the proper use and maintenance of Guardian equipment, both in the US and at client locations globally.
- Identify any additional requirements that clients have and ensure that these are accurately passed on to a Sales Engineer/Manager for follow up.
- Assist in the development and testing of new tools when required
- Assist with the development of manuals and training aids for full range of Guardian products
- Service and repair rental tools when returned from rentals and ensure that they are ready to go out as soon as possible
- Ensure that client-training visits are properly organized and host clients when required
- Follow up with clients on training opportunities and arrange to suit clients needs
- Keep up to date on latest tool procedures and bulletins.
- Support clients with any problems that they have in the field.
- Ensure clients are aware of spares that are required / recommended
- Promptly turn around rental tools that come back from clients
- Ensure that sales teams are kept fully up to date on all activities
- Follow up on any technical issues with client and ensure that everything is closed out to the clients satisfaction.
- Global travel to clients locations. Expect to be travelling 15 days per month.
- Follow all Guardian procedures and policies at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 1 years working in a previous training and/or commissioning role. Specifically a customer facing technical support role with a focus on customer service and technology deployment. Experience with technology services and/or development is highly desirable.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be proactive in meeting customer needs and have an enthusiastic approach to selling and marketing our products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with clients seeking information.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor to customers, as well as a high comfort level in a client setting will be required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to exercise sound independent judgment. Including setting own goals and deadlines working with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions based on dynamic market conditions.
- Must be computer literate in using Microsoft Office software, including Excel.
- Travel to clients locations (nationally/internationally) as required.
Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write technical correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers and/or other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record are required. A valid passport will be required for occasional international travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may occasionally be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is typically performed in a normal office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles in other work areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.