Embedded firmware developer capable to lead firmware development projects, actively design, implement, improve and troubleshoot Baker Hughes acoustic downhole products.Essential Responsibilities:
- Work in a healthy and safe manner in accordance with BH policies and procedures and report any unsafe practices or conditions.
- Oversee firmware solution architecture development and evolution.
- Contribute in all aspects of BH acoustic downhole tool network product development including researching, planning, design, implementation, verification and testing.
- Assume technical leadership accountability of projects completion within design, budget and schedule constraints.
- Conduct root cause analyses of system failures and debugging.
- Create and implement corrective solutions and improvements.
- FW documentation during on-going system evolution.
- Participate and conduct code reviews.
- Lead in building up system documentation during on-going system evolution.
- Mentor new firmware designers as required.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by immediate supervisor.
- Minimum bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 5 to 10 years' experience in an embedded firmware design and programming role.
- Experience in C programming for embedded firmware system.
- Experience developing real time systems with the PIC, dsPIC or TI microcontroller family.
- Familiar with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes and firmware debuggers.
- English language competency.
- Detail and quality oriented, understanding and applying disciplined firmware development processes, demonstrating a clear pride of ownership while collaborating with others.
- Comfortable in dynamic environment where priorities may shift in short notice, and challenging deadlines.
- Be a leader of quality standard and relentless on quality issues investigation and problem resolution.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada